Apply For A Business License West Covina, California
Do you wish to open a business in West Covina, California?
Those opening their own business in West Covina will need to obtain a business license from the West Covina Business License Department. You may request an application from the Business License Department at 1444 West Garvey Avenue or you can print one from the City of West Covina website. The city Planning Department will need to approve your application for a business license, so it would be wise to contact them at (626) 939-8422 to discuss your business plans and to determine if you will have any requirements associated with the Planning Department.
What information is needed on the business license application?
- Owner name, social security number, driver’s license number, and contact information
- Business ownership type: LLC, LLP, corporation, partnership, trust, or solely owned
- Date that your business starts
- If you do not own your property, the name and contact information of the owner
- Business property square footage
- Name of corporation if business is part of a corporation
- Type of application: new, owner change, name change, change of business address, or home occupation
- Name of business
- Business mailing and physical address
- Email address and website for business
- It may be required that you obtain a FEIN (federal employer’s ID number), a state ID number, and/or seller’s permit number for your business
- All information on any type of vending machine on the premises
- Description of your business
- A calculation of your business license fees based on the schedule of fees found on the second page of the business license application
- Signature stating that all information is true and correct
When you complete your business license application, you will return it to the Business License Department. You may deliver the application by hand to 1444 West Garvey Ave or mail it to PO box 1440, West Covina, CA 91793.
Will you need other licenses or permits?
It is dependent on the type of business that you plan to conduct whether you will need to obtain any other licenses or permits. You may need to contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control department if you plan to sell or serve alcohol. If you are handling food as part of your business, you will likely need to obtain a health permit. If you are planning to operate a business from your home, you will want to download the home occupation permit application from the City of West Covina website to complete it along with your business license. Contact the Business License Department at (626) 939-8447 for questions concerning which, if any, other permits or licenses you may need in order to operate your business.
What fees will you be expected to pay?
All business license applications will incur a base fee of $42.00 for processing. All other fees are added onto that base fee. A schedule of fees based on your business type and activities can be reviewed on the second page of your business license application. You can contact the Business License Department for assistance in calculating your business license fees if you are having trouble.
Who should you contact for more information?
If you need more information, you can go to West Covina City Hall, Business License Counter, Room 308 at 1444 W. Garvey Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The office is closed on Fridays.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.