Apply For A Business License Huntington Beach, California
Commencing business in Huntington Beach, California?
Any person planning to conduct any type of business in Huntington Beach is required to have a business license, including home businesses, independent contractors, apartment buildings with three or more units, temporary businesses, and/or businesses changing ownership. If you are not sure that your business requires a license, you can contact the Business License office at (714) 536-5267 to discuss your proposed business with them.
How do you obtain a Huntington Beach business license application and what information do you need to complete it?
You can print a business license application from the City of Huntington Beach website or you can visit the Huntington Beach Business License Office at 2000 Main Street in Huntington Beach. You will need specific information to complete your business license application, such as:
- Your business name
- If applicable, the name of the corporation and a list of the officers
- Principle owner’s name and contact information
- Physical address of your business
- Mailing address and contact information for your business, including a business website
- Type of ownership (sole proprietor, partnership, or larger corporation)
- If the business is owned solely, the owner’s social security number must be submitted
- If there are partners, or if the business is part of a corporation, you will need to provide the Federal Tax ID number and State Tax ID number
- Date business commences in Huntington Beach
- Number of employees including the owner, and whether they will be full-time or part-time
- Detailed description of business activities
- There are several sections that will need to be filled out according to your type of business
- A signature is required declaring that you will have provided true and correct information and that you will comply with regulations regarding section 3700 of the California Labor Code
- Owner’s current contact information, social security number, and valid driver’s license number
- Partner’s current contact information, social security number, and valid driver’s license if applicable
- Alternative emergency contact information
When you have completed your application, you should return it to the Huntington Beach Business License Office at 2000 Main Street. If you have any questions or need assistance completing your application, you can contact them at (714) 536-5267.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.