Apply For A Business License Ontario, California
Looking to open a business in Ontario, California?
You’re going to need an Ontario business license. You can fill in the application online on the City of Ontario website or you can request an application in person from License Division of the City of Ontario at 303 East B. Street. You can reach them by phone to discuss any questions or for assistance in filling out your business license application at (909) 395-2022.
What about zoning approval?
Before you enter into any real estate lease or purchase contracts on potential business properties, you will need to verify that your business falls in the appropriate zone. You can determine this by contacting the Ontario Planning Department by calling them at (909) 395-2036.
Do you have all the information that you will need for your Ontario business license application?
The application for a business license requires information specific to your business and about you as the owner. Some of the following information is required, though this list is not complete and you will need to review the application to know each item that will need to be supplied.
- Your business name
- If applicable, your corporation name
- The physical location of your business
- Mailing address and phone number of your business
- Date you plan to start business in Ontario
- If applicable: health permit number, state sales tax ID number, federal employer’s tax ID number, etc.
- A description of the business you plan to conduct
- Ownership information: sole ownership, corporation, partnership, trust, LLC, or limited partnership
- Owner name, address, social security number, phone number, and driver’s license number
- You will need to sign your application which will verify that you agree to abide by all requirements that are in place to operate a business in Ontario and that all the information that you have provided is true and complete
- You need to procure the signature of the owner or legal representative of the owner of your business property
- A list of 31 yes or no questions pertaining to: potentially hazardous materials that may be created or stored, whether you plan to have adult entertainment, sell alcohol or tobacco etc. Answering yes to any of these questions will require that you give explanation on a separate sheet of paper
- If you plan to have an alarm system installed for your business, you will need to fill out an alarm system application
- A business plot plan will need to be submitted along with your business license application which gives a floor plan of your business building, the cross streets, parking areas, and the total square footage of the building you plan to use
When you have completed your business license application, the business license questionnaire, the business plot plan, and, if applicable, the alarm permit application, you can return them to the Business License Division at 303 East B Street.
Will you need to obtain additional Ontario permits or Ontario licenses?
Depending upon the type of business you will be conducting, you may need additional permits or licenses. For example, you may need to contact the fire department and police department if you plan to operate a business where you offer live entertainment or dancing. If you are planning to sell or serve alcohol, you may need Alcoholic Beverage Control licensing. Contact the Business License Division at (909) 395-2022 to learn more.
Do you need more information?
Contact the Ontario Business License Division at (909) 395-2022 or visit them in person at 303 East B Street in Ontario. By visiting the City of Ontario website, you can find useful information that will be helpful when starting your new business.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.