Apply For A Business License Glendale, California
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Do you plan to open a business in Glendale, California?
When you plan to open a business in Glendale, it is recommended that you start by contacting the Small Business Development Center at (818) 548-3321 to discuss your business plans. They can help you to develop a business plan and assist you by answering questions that you may have. You can also visit the City of Glendale website to find useful information in beginning your business endeavor.
Are there zoning requirements for businesses in Glendale?
The city of Glendale asks that you secure zoning for your proposed business location. The City of Glendale Community Planning Department can be contacted at (818) 548-2140. They can answer questions regarding zoning requirements in your area.
How do you apply for a business permit?
To apply for a business permit, also called a “zoning use certificate,” you will need to visit the City of Glendale Building Division at 633 East Broadway, Suite 101. They can be reached by phone at (818) 548-3200. If you wish, you can print your application from the City of Glendale website. This website has numerous Glendale certificate and Glendale license applications, for example:
- Massage establishment/therapist permit
- Food vendor, ice cream truck permit
- Dance permit
- Special events including produce market, parade, sidewalk sale, etc.
- Tobacco sales permit
For a complete list of applications for permits and licenses, you will need to view the website or contact the City of Glendale Building Division at (818) 548-3200. They are located at 633 East Broadway, Suite 101.
Do you have all the information needed to apply for your zoning use certificate?
To apply for your zoning use certificate, you will need to include some or all following information as well other information that may not be included in this list:
- Lease or rental agreement with square footage of your business property (if lease does not provide the square footage, a dimensioned drawing will suffice)
- Seating plan for businesses where people will congregate (delis, churches, theaters, etc.)
- Business address
- Business name
- Detailed description of your business activities
- Title of applicant (owner, officer, CEO, president, etc)
- Name and contact information of the business owner
- Name and contact information of the property owner
- What the current use of your business property is, and how you propose to use it for your business
- Square footage
- Number of employees, seats for clients
- A section of yes or no questions including: whether you are a new business, first-time business in Glendale, have storage outdoors, plan to sell or serve alcohol, and whether you share your business space or property with another business
- A signature on this application is to declare that you agree to follow all federal, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, regulations and restrictions associated with operating a business in California, and that all the information that you have provided is true and complete to the best of your knowledge
What costs are associated with the zoning use certificate?
To discuss fees for your zoning use certificate, you will need to contact the City of Glendale Building Division at (818) 548-3200.
Who should you contact with questions regarding opening a business in Glendale?
If you have additional questions, you can contact the City of Glendale Small Business Development Center at (818) 552-3321. You can contact the City of Glendale Building division at (818) 548-3200. They can be visited in person at 633 East Broadway, Suite 101. There are many links and useful information that can be accessed at the City of Glendale website.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.