Would you like to apply for a business license in Chino?
In order to do any business in the City of Chino, you must have a business license. This includes new businesses, existing businesses, businesses that bring deliveries into the city or even a home-based business. Before you apply for your business license, you must first contact the Planning Division of the Community Development Department to determine if the property where you propose to do business meets zoning and sign requirements. The Planning Division can be reached to discuss your business plans at (909) 591-9812.
What will be on the business license application?
You can print a business license application from the City of Chino website or you can pick it up in person at the City of Chino Business License Section at City Hall located at 13220 Central Avenue in Chino. The application for doing business in Chino consists of two pages of basic questions which should be completed accurately. Be prepared with the following information:
- Company name, phone number, mailing and physical address
- An after-hours emergency number
- Whether you agree to file for a home occupation permit and comply with the rules and requirements surrounding home occupation
- The type of ownership: sole ownership, a partnership, or part of a larger corporation (if you are part of a larger corporation, you must supply information on the corporation, including the name of the corporation, the Federal Employer’s ID Number, the State ID number and all contact information)
- A detailed description of your business activity
- Declaration of your business start date
- The type of application you are filing, that is, whether you are filing a license renewal, a change of location, or a change of ownership
- Whether you are a contractor and, if you are, all applicable information pertaining to your contractor’s license
Additionally, there is a series of questions regarding your business activities, whether you will be dealing with or producing any type of hazardous materials or chemicals, whether you will be selling alcoholic beverages, or dealing with any sexually-oriented entertainment or publications.
What are the costs you can expect to incur?
Your licensing fees will be ultimately determined by the Chino Business License Division at 13220 Central Avenue. There is a schedule of fees on the application outlining some of the fees that are associated with the licensure procedure. Depending on your business, you can expect to pay no less than $40.00 and no more than $1,250. Check with the Business License Division for a complete list and for the fees that you will be paying. Your fees will be due no later than thirty days after you open your business, late payments will add 10% per thirty days delinquent up to a penalty of 100%.
Who should you contact with additional questions?
You can call the Chino Business License Division at (909) 591-9818, or you can make a visit to the Chino Business License section at 13220 Central Ave., Chino, CA 91710. If you wish to visit the office in person, the office hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can send written correspondence to PO Box 667, Chino, CA 91708-0667.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.