Are you interested in doing business in Paramount, California?
Any person doing business on Paramount, CA, even those who work inside the city but have a business base outside the city will need to apply for a business license. A business license application can be filled in and printed from the City of Paramount website or you can ask for one in person by visiting City Hall at 16400 Colorado Avenue in Paramount.
What information will be needed on your Paramount business license application?
Your business license application needs to filled out completely and accurately in order for it to be accepted. The following information will need to be provided, although you should review the application to gather appropriate information before filing since this is an incomplete list:
- Business name
- Physical location of business
- Mailing address and business phone number
- Business start date
- Number of employees, units, fleet vehicles
- Square footage
- Type of business (professional, retail, restaurant, manufacturer, contractor, wholesale)
- A description of your business activities
- Ownership information (partnership, corporation, or sole ownership)
- Names of owners, partners and corporate officers, their contact information, birth date, social security number, and valid driver’s license number
- If applicable, you will need to submit: state/county license information, resale license number, SIC code, federal employer ID number, state employer ID number, worker’s compensation coverage policy information
- Signature verifying that all information is true and complete
When you have completed your application, you will return it to the City of Paramount at City Hall 16400 Colorado Ave in Paramount. If you have any questions or need any assistance in filling out your application, call (562) 220-2013.
Do you need zoning approval?
You will need to contact the City of Paramount at (562) 220-2000 to determine if you will need zoning approval.
Will you need additional permits, inspections, or licenses?
When you return your application to City Hall, they will forward it to other local entities that may need to investigate or inspect your business. You may also need state licenses or permits, which will be your responsibility to obtain. For instance, if you plan to serve food, you may need a health permit, if you are going to serve alcohol on your premises, you will need to have a Alcoholic Beverage Control license. Contact City Hall to determine if you will be required to procure additional licenses, permit, or inspections.
How long will it take to receive your Paramount license?
It could take up to eight weeks for your license to be issued, depending on what inspections and approvals are necessary. Be sure to plan for this time period when estimating your opening date.
What costs can you expect to incur?
The basic fee for a business with less than five employees is $125. Each additional employee, and for certain businesses, there will be additional fees. Contact the City Hall of Paramount at (562) 220-2013 to discuss your business license fees.
Do you need more information?
You can visit City Hall at 16400 Colorado Avenue, Paramount, CA 90723-5050 or call (562) 220-2013 for more information. The City of Paramount website has information that will be useful for you in opening your business as well.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.