Do you need information on obtaining your business license in Arcadia?
If you plan to open a business in the the city of Arcadia, you will need to procure a business license. If you have purchased an established business, you will still need a business license because the license will be invalid.
You can pick up an application for your business license at the Business License Office at City Hall, 240 West Huntington Drive in Arcadia. You can also download the application from the City of Arcadia website. The application is only valid for thirty days. In addition to the business license application, the city of Arcadia requires that you submit a Business License City Review and Approval application as well. You can print it from their website, or if you prefer, you can mail a written request to Business License Office, PO Box 60021, Arcadia, CA 91066-6021. All parts of both applications must be completed fully, including the type of business you will be conducting, who owns the property, all state and IRS tax numbers and information, what the type of ownership is, emergency contacts and alarm company information. Copies of your Business License City Review and Approval application may be sent to the Fire Department, Building Division, Health Department and the Pasadena Humane Society, depending on the type of business you will be conducting.
What if I plan to work from home?
You will still need a business license, and will be required to apply for a Home Occupation Permit. Only certain occupations fall under the Home Occupation Ordinance Section 9285.6, including (but not limited to):
- Child Care
- Assembling small items
Are there fees that must be paid?
A regular business license will have a fee calculated based on the number of employees, the type of business, and whether or not you have vehicles or rental properties as part of your business. This fee will be paid annually, and lasts from the first day of the issuance of your business license until the last day of the twelfth month. There is also a penalty of 100% for operating any business in the city with out a license. If you are running a home occupation, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 and $75.15 annually.
Is there other important information do I need to know?
- The Fire Department conducts unannounced fire safety inspections annually of all businesses operating within the city of Arcadia. The Fire Department may be reached at (626) 574-5100.
- You must contact the US IRS for your Employer ID number at (800) 820-1040.
- If you plan to sell alcoholic beverages at your place of business, you must contact the State Alcohol Beverages Control Agency.
- Food preparation and certain other businesses require permits from the Los Angeles County Health Department. They can be reached at (800) 427-8700.
- You will need to check with the with the Planning Division to check zoning restrictions or regulations. They can be reached at (626) 574-5423.
Is there someone I can talk to for more information?
If you have additional questions, you can visit the City of Arcadia website or you can contact them directly by calling (626) 574-5400, or by visiting them in person at 2040 West Huntington Drive, or direct your questions in writing to City Of Arcadia, P.O.Box 60021, Arcadia, CA 91066.
CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR CITY BELOW TO APPLY FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE