Apply For A Business License Turlock, California
Are you interested in opening a business in Turlock, California?
The city of Turlock requires that all businesses be licensed. You are able to download an application for a business license form from the City of Turlock website. If you wish to request your application in person, the City of Turlock Finance Division is located at City Hall, 156 S. Broadway, Suite 114.
What is the process for obtaining a Turlock business license?
Begin by downloading or picking up your business license application. You may need information from other agencies to complete your application, such as the IRS for a FEIN (federal employer’s ID number) the State Board of Equalization for a seller’s permit, etc. When you have completed your application, you will return it with any applicable fees to the Finance Division.
What information is necessary for a Turlock business license application?
The following information is needed to complete your business license application:
- Your name and the name of all owners of your business
- All contact information for yourself and each additional owner
- Owner social security number and valid driver’s license number
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Whether your business is owned singly, by a corporation, or in a partnership
- Name of business
- Mailing and physical address of business
- Phone number for business
- Number and location of vending machines and/or coin operated games on business site, and the name of owners of these machines
- If you are operating a business with a beauty/barber shop or professional office, list the number of those that will be reporting gross receipts, and a list of those that will not be reporting gross receipts
- Signature to declare that all information is true to the best of your knowledge and that you will notify the City of Turlock if there are any changes
What fees can you expect to incur?
If you report gross receipts, your fees will be calculated semi-annually based on those gross receipts at a rate of $0.30 per $1000 of gross receipts. If you choose to pay a flat rate instead of a gross receipts fee, your fees will be calculated based on a fee schedule which will be between $40.00 for a gross of $0-$59,999 to $470 for any gross receipts over $749,999. Other businesses, such as seasonal or special occasions will be based on a set price which is listed on the City of Turlock website. In addition to the gross receipts or flat rate fees, your first time business license processing fees are $50 for gross receipts and $30 for flat rate fees. Your business license fees are due by January 1 and July 1 of each year. Contact the Finance Division with any questions regarding fees at (209) 668-5570.
Do you need more information?
The Finance Division is available to answer questions regarding your business license by calling (209) 668-5570 or by stopping by 156 S. Broadway in Turlock to see the Finance Department staff in person. The City of Turlock website is a useful source of information as well.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.