Apply For A Business License Palmdale, California
Am I required to obtain a business license in Palmdale, California?
Anyone who is planning to conduct any business in Palmdale, CA should apply for their business license. You will need to be issued your business license prior to opening your business. You can print an application from the City of Palmdale website or you can request one in person from the Palmdale Business License Department at 38250 Sierra Highway. You can contact them by phone at (661) 267-5434 for information and if you need assistance completing your application.
What information do I need to complete my business license application?
You will need to supply information concerning your business and owners, such as:
- Business name
- Corporation name, if applicable
- Physical address of your business
- Mailing address of your business if different from physical address
- Business contact phone number and emergency phone number
- A description of the activities you plan to conduct at your business
- Type of business: retail, wholesale, manufacturing, professional, rental, or service
- Number of video machines, rentals, employees, vehicles, pool tables, coin-operated machines, laundry machines
- If applicable, you need to submit copies of and information associated with a federal employer’s tax ID number, state tax ID number, state board of equalization number, SIC number, state license number, OCC review, DBA, health permit number, contractor classification, temporary permit, home occupation, and/or auto insurance information
- Ownership type: sole owner, partnership, or corporation
- Sole owner’s name, social security number, home address, phone number, and CDL number
- Partner names, social security numbers, contact information, and CDL number
- Corporation articles of incorporation
- A manager’s name and phone number for all rentals, whether commercial or residential
- A signature from all owners stating that all information provided on your application is true and complete
When you have completed your application, you will need to submit it, with all other applicable information to the City of Palmdale Business License Department at 38250 Sierra Highway in Palmdale.
Does the City of Palmdale permit home occupations?
If you choose to operate a business from your home, you will need to file a home occupation permit application from the Planning Department in addition to your business license application. The Planning Department is located at 38250 Sierra Highway in Palmdale. You will need a home occupation permit in addition to your business license. Your home occupation permit application requests information on how you plan to use your home, the number of employees you will have, whether you will be be conducting personal transactions from your home, if you own your home, etc. There are several yes or no questions pertaining to your business activities, including if you will handle food or any potentially hazardous materials. There is a a list of regulations, rules, and conditions that you will be expected to comply with or risk losing your home occupation permit. It is important that you are aware of all of these conditions and that you are in compliance at all times.
What about zoning?
Zoning approval is vital to the process of receiving your business license. You should contact the Planning Department before you enter into any real estate transactions on your business location. If you do not have zoning approval, you will be unable to use your proposed business property. Do not neglect to get this approval. It will save you time and possibly money to err on the side of caution. The Planning Department can be contacted at (661) 267-5200.
What other information should I know?
You will incur costs during the processing of your business license application. The Business License Department can help you to calculate your costs if you contact them at (661) 267-5434. You may need to contact federal, state, and local entities for additional permits or licenses. You can discuss other permits and licenses with the Palmdale Business License Deparment that you may need.
Who do I contact for answers to my questions?
You can contact the Business License Department, located at 38250 Sierra Highway, Palmdale, CA 93550. You can call (661) 267-5434 or fax (661) 267-5233 for more information, or visit the city website at http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/departments/planning/business_license/
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.