Apply For An Orlando Marriage License
Do You Wish to Marry in Orlando, Florida?
Those that are over the age of 18 who plan to marry in Orlando will need to be in contact with the Brevard County Clerk of Courts. You can contact the Clerk of Courts by visiting them directly at a location nearest to you, or by calling them at 321-637-5413. When you apply for your marriage license, you and your intended spouse will need to visit the Clerk of Courts together unless extenuating circumstances prevent it. Some circumstances would be if one party is deployed overseas or incarcerated, etc. Contact the Clerk of Courts if you are unable to apply for your marriage license together.
What Are Premarital Preparation Courses?
Premarital courses are offered throughout the community in an effort to prepare couples for a life together in marriage. If you have completed premarital preparation course, you are entitled to discounts for your marriage license and the mandatory three-day wait period for marrying after you receive your marriage license will be waived. For a list of providers of marriage preparedness classes offered in Orlando, FL, visit the Orlando Marriage License.
What Is the Cost of a Marriage License in Orlando, FL?
A marriage license cost will be dependent upon whether the couple marrying has completed a marriage preparation course. Those couples that complete a course will pay $61.00 for a marriage license, and those couples that opt out of the class will be required to pay $93.50. There may be additional costs required for filing your marriage license, for premarital preparation courses and for civil ceremonies. Your marriage license fees may be paid by check, cash or credit card. The fees for marriage preparedness courses will depend on the provider that a couple chooses.
What Else Is Important to Know When Applying for an Orlando, Florida Marriage License?
• If you and your intended spouse are residents of the state of Florida, you will be required to wait for three days after receiving your marriage license to marry, unless you have completed the premarital preparation course.
• Minors under the age of 18 (but over 16) will need to have the consent of both parents to obtain a marriage license in Orlando. If the couple can prove that they are the parents or expectant parents of a child together, or if the minor(s) have been married previously, parental consent may be waived. If a person is under 16 and wishing to apply for a marriage license, they will be required to have their marriage license issued by a county judge.
• A marriage license is valid for 60 days after it is received. If the marriage ceremony has not taken place within the 60 day window, the marriage license will expire and if the couple still wishes to marry, they will need to apply for a new marriage license.
• If a couple chooses, they may be married by a Clerk of Courts for a $30.00 fee. This fee is in addition to the cost of a marriage license.
• If either party has been previously married, a date and manner of termination of the previous marriage(s) will need to be provided.
• Proper ID must be submitted at the time of application for a marriage license. Proper ID includes a valid driver’s license, a state issued ID card, a passport with a photo, etc. In addition to a photo ID, you will need to provide a social security number or a naturalization or passport number.
• You may apply for a marriage license by mail from the Brevard County website. The request for a mail-away license must be accompanied by a copy of both photo ID’s of the parties wishing to marry, as well as a payment and the application must be signed and witnessed by a notary public. Contact the Clerk of Courts for information regarding a mail-away license by calling 321-637-5413.
Whom Should You Contact for More Information Regarding an Orlando, FL Marriage License?
Contact the Brevard County Clerk of Courts either by phone at (321)637-5413 or by visiting them at 700 S. Park Ave, Building B in Titusville, FL 32780. You may find links and other helpful information online on the Orlando Marriage License as well.
CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR CITY BELOW TO APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.