Apply For A Melbourne Marriage License
Are You Planning to Marry in Melbourne, Florida?
You and your spouse-to-be will need to apply in person at the Brevard County Clerk of Courts to apply for a marriage license 700 South Park Ave, Building B in Titusville, FL. You can contact the Clerk of Courts by calling (321)637-2006. If special circumstances make it impossible for you and your fiancé/fiancee to appear together at the Clerk of Courts, you will need to contact the Clerk of Courts for instructions on how to obtain a marriage license application.
Are Minors Permitted to Marry in the City of Melbourne, Florida?
Minors under the age of 18, but over the age of 16 are permitted to marry in Melbourne with the written consent from both parents. You may download and print the written consent form from online on the Melbourne Marriage License. This form must be notarized by a notary public of the state of Florida. On this form, the parents must both sign and date, unless one parent has been granted full custody of the minor wishing to marry. If one or both parents are deceased, the signature of the guardian will be required. If the minor(s) wishing to marry are under the age of 16, a county judge will need to be contacted and a marriage license will be issued only at the discretion of the county judge.
What Else is Required for a Melbourne, FL Marriage License?
• Any Florida resident who applies for and is issued a marriage license in Melbourne will be required to observe a three-day waiting period before a marriage ceremony is preformed. Non-Florida residents will not have to observe this waiting period, nor will any couple who has completed premarital counseling.
• When a couple applies for their marriage license, they will need to have a photo ID (such as a state issued driver’s license, a passport, a military ID, etc) as well as a social security number. If either party wishing to marry does not have a photo ID or a social security number, there may be alternative ID which can be used. Contact the Clerk of Courts at (321)637-2006 for information regarding alternative identifications that are accepted in place of photo ID and/or social security numbers.
• The cost of a marriage license in Melbourne, FL is $93.50 for couples who opt out of premarital preparation courses and $61.00 for those couples that have completed the course. If a couple wishes for a civil ceremony to be preformed by the Clerk of Courts, an additional fee of $30.00 will be charged. All payments can be made in cash, by cashier’s check, credit card, check or money order.
• After a marriage license is issued, the license is valid for 60 days. If the couple has not married within that 60 day period, the license is no longer valid and the couple will need to apply for a new marriage license if they choose to marry.
• If you have been previously married, you will need to submit the exact date that your marriage was terminated, and the cause of termination, whether by annulment, death or divorce. If the marriage ended in divorce within the past 6 months, you will need to bring in the divorce decree at the time of application for a marriage license.
Whom Shall You Contact for More Information Regarding a Melbourne, Florida Marriage License?
You will need to contact the Brevard County Clerk of Courts either in person by visiting 700 South Park Ave, Building B in Titusville, FL or by calling (321)637-2006 to speak to a representative of the Clerk of Courts. You may find helpful information and links online on the Melbourne Marriage License as well..
CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR CITY BELOW TO APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.