Apply For A West Covina Marriage License

Where can we apply for a marriage license in West Covina, California?

You cannot apply for a marriage license in West Covina since all marriage licenses in Los Angeles County are issued through the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office and there is not a branch office of the County Clerk in West Covina. Instead, you need to go to one of the branch offices in another city to apply for your marriage license. Branch offices can be found in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys. You can choose whichever branch office is most convenient. The closest branch office is probably the office in East Los Angeles at 4716 East Cesar E. Chavez Avenue. You can find addresses, phone numbers, and office hours for each of these offices at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website on West Covina Marriage License.

Both of you must appear together to make your request for a marriage license. All branch offices are open Monday through Friday. You should make your request for a marriage license before 3 o’clock in the afternoon if you want your marriage license to be issued on the same day.

The marriage license application is online, but you still need to appear at the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office together to pay the fees, show your photo I.D. and pick up the marriage license. According to law, marriage licenses cannot be mailed.

How do we qualify for to receive a marriage license in West Covina, California?

If you are both at least 18 years old and single, you most likely qualify.  

Are there other qualifications such as place of residency that we need to be aware of?

No. Residency in West Covina is not a requirement for marriage licenses. You also will not need blood test results or health certificates. Your Los Angeles County marriage license is valid anywhere in the state of California.

How many days do we have to use our Los Angeles County marriage license?

A Los Angeles County marriage license must be used within 90 days after they are issued or the license will expire.

How much do we have to pay to receive a marriage license in West Covina, California?

You will have to pay $90 for a regular marriage license. If you happen to be applying for a confidential marriage license, you will have to pay $85. You may choose to pay by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. All checks need to be made out to the Registrar-Recorder County Clerk (RRCC).

Who can we invite to perform our wedding in West Covina, California?

You can invite any priest, minister, or rabbi from any religious denomination; any judge, commissioner, or assistant commissioner from the California judicial system; or any current mayor.  All these people are authorized to perform weddings in California.

If you want to invite someone else to perform your wedding, Los Angeles County has a Deputy Commissioner for a Day program that authorizes a person to perform a specific wedding ceremony. Visit the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website to learn more about this program: West Covina Marriage License.

County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office where you will have your ceremony. Branch offices are located in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys. You need to have your marriage license in advance. You need to provide your own witnesses. In the Norwalk office, there is even a civil ceremony volunteer program and a wedding chapel. Visit the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website for more information about civil ceremonies: West Covina Marriage License.

How do we receive our marriage certificate in West Covina, California?

First, you have to take your signed marriage license back to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office. Then, the office will issue your marriage certificate. Your marriage certificate will arrive about two weeks later.  


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?