Apply For A Chula Vista Marriage License

Where should I go to apply for a marriage license in Chula Vista, California?

To apply for your marriage license in Chula Vista, California, you will need to go in person to the San Diego County Clerk’s office. The County Clerk’s office is located in San Diego at 1600 Pacific Hwy, #273 in San Diego, CA 92101. However, if it is more convenient for you, you may apply in person at the County Clerk office location in either El Cajon or San Marcos. The County Clerk’s office in El Cajon is located at 200 Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020. The County Clerk’s office in San Marcos is located at 141 E. Carmel Street, San Marcos, CA 92078.
Remember that both you and your fiancé(e) must be present, and you need to call ahead to make the appointment. Call (619) 237-0502 to make an appointment at any of the three locations.

What requirements do I need to fulfill to obtain a marriage license in Chula Vista, California?

To obtain a marriage license in Chula Vista, California, you and your fiancé(e) should both be 18 years of age or older. Also, neither of you can be currently married to another person.

You should both remember to bring a form of valid I.D. such as a driver’s license to show proof of your age when you arrive for your appointment at the County Clerk’s office. You should also both bring a copy of your birth certificate. If you have questions about these requirements, you can visit the San Diego County Clerk website at Chula Vista Marriage License

Are there any exceptions to the age requirement for marriage licenses in Chula Vista, California?

If you or your fiancé(e) is under 18 years old, you may be able to obtain a marriage license if the Juvenile Court approves your marriage. For more information about the approval procedure, you can visit the Juvenile Court at 2851 Meadowlark Drive, San Diego, CA 9212, or call the Juvenile Court at (858) 634-1600.

Do I need to have blood test results to obtain a marriage license in Chula Vista, California?

No, you do not need to have blood test results. They are not required to obtain your marriage license.

Do I need to be a resident of Chula Vista in order to apply for a marriage license there?

No, you do not. Even neither you nor your fiancé(e) live in Chula Vista, you may still apply for a marriage license to be married there.

How long will my Chula Vista marriage license be valid?

The license will only be valid for a period of 90 days.

Can I apply for a confidential marriage license in Chula Vista?

Yes. The County Clerk’s office does provide confidential marriage licenses for those who do not wish for their marriage to be recorded in the public records. There are three requirements for the confidential license: you and your partner must witness that you have already been living together, you both must be 18 years or older, and your marriage ceremony must be held in San Diego County.

How much will I have to pay to obtain a marriage license in Chula Vista?

The fee to obtain a marriage license is $50 for a regular license and $55 for a confidential license. If you would like to have a civil ceremony at the County Clerk’s office, it will cost an additional $50. The County Clerk’s office does not accept credit cards, so you will need to bring cash, check, or money order. You may also pay with a debit card, but there will be an additional fee.

Where can we hold our marriage ceremony?

While confidential marriage licenses must be used in San Diego County, you may use regular marriage licenses from the San Diego County Clerk’s office anywhere in the state of California.

How can we request our marriage certificate after the ceremony?

Once you have had your marriage ceremony and the marriage license has been signed, you will need to present the signed license at the County Clerk’s office so that it can be recorded. After two weeks, you will be able to buy your marriage certificate for a fee of $14.

Can I choose who performs my wedding ceremony in Chula Vista?

You may. Any legally authorized person will be able to perform your wedding ceremony. If you would like someone to perform the ceremony that is not currently legally authorized, that person may apply to be a Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a day. He or she will need to fill out an application and pay a fee of $50. For more information, visit the San Diego County Clerk website at San Diego County Marriage License


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?