Apply For A Hayward Marriage License

He proposed! Where do we go to get a marriage license in Hayward, California?

Congratulations on your engagement! You are smart to know that before you get married, you will need to request a marriage license. Marriage licenses for Hayward, California are issued by the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office. You and your fiancé will need to go in person to the Clerk-Recorder’s office, which is located at 1106 Madison Street in Oakland, California. The County Clerk’s office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but if you are going to request a marriage license you will need to show up before 4 p.m. Also remember that the office is closed on holidays.

If you have more questions about marriage licenses in Alameda County, visit the County Clerk-Recorder’s website (Hayward Marriage License) or call 1-510-272-6362.

What are the requirements to get a marriage license in Hayward, California?

The requirements are pretty simple. You and your fiancé both need to be at least 18 years old and unmarried. You should be ready with a government-issued photo ID when you show up to the County Clerk-Recorder’s office.

Are we going to need to have blood tests?

Blood testing is not required for marriage licenses in the state of California, so no.

Do we need to live in Hayward in order to get married there?

Residency is not required for marriage licenses, so you do not need to be Hayward residents in order to get married in Hayward. Actually, with your Alameda County-issued marriage license, you will be able to have your wedding anywhere in California.

How early should we plan on getting our marriage license?

Alameda County marriage licenses expire after 90 days, so you should plan to have your wedding no more than 90 days after you receive your marriage license.

How much will we have to pay for a marriage license in Hayward, California?

You will be asked to pay a $96 fee. The fee includes not only your Alameda County marriage license, but also one certified copy of your marriage certificate.

Can we ask whoever we want to perform the wedding?

Yes, as long as that person is authorized. Judges, retired judges, designated court officials, and most religious clergy members are authorized to perform marriages in California. If you want to ask a person who is not authorized to perform your wedding, that person will need to become authorized first. He or she can do this by becoming at Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a day. Just ask him or her to write a letter that includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of you and your fiancé; the date and place of the wedding; the county where the marriage license was issued; and his or her own name, address, and phone number. He or she should then send the letter to Patrick O'Connell, Alameda County Clerk-Recorder, 1106 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607. There will be a $75 fee.

How do we request a civil ceremony?

You can request a civil ceremony at the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office any business day before 3:45 p.m., even on the very day that you request your marriage license. You must provide your own witnesses, and you can have up to 29 guests with you.

After the marriage ceremony, when can we pick up our marriage certificate?

After you present the signed marriage license at the County Clerk-Recorder’s office to be recorded, the Clerk-Recorder’s office will order your marriage certificate. It will arrive about two weeks after it is ordered.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?