Apply For A Gardena Marriage License

We need to get a marriage license for our wedding in Gardena, California. Where do we go to apply?

You need to go to a branch office of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office that issues marriage licenses. There are branch offices in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Florence, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys; the closest office to Gardena is the branch office in Florence which is located at 7807 S. Compton Avenue, First Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90001. The office phone number is (323) 586-6192.

Both of you need to go together to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office to make your request for a marriage license. The Florence branch office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but you need to make your request for a marriage license before 3:00 p.m. if you want to receive your marriage license on the same day.

You can download the marriage license application online, but you will still need to go to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office together to pay the fees, present I.D. and pick up the marriage license. Marriage licenses cannot be mailed. The marriage license application and more information is available online at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website on Gardena Marriage License.

How do we know if we meet the requirements for a marriage license in Gardena, California?

You both need to be at least 18 years old. Neither of you can be currently married to another person. You need to be able to show I.D. at the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office to verify your age and your identity.

What other requirements do we need to meet to receive a marriage license in Gardena, California?

There are no other requirements besides being of age, unmarried, and having filled out the marriage license application. Residency in Gardena is not a requirement for marriage licenses, and neither are blood test results or health certificates.

How many days do we have to use our Los Angeles County marriage license?

You must use your Los Angeles County marriage licenses within 90 days after the marriage license is issued. You can use a regular Los Angeles County marriage license anywhere in the state of California.

How much will we have to pay to get a marriage license in Gardena, California?

You will have to pay $90 to get a regular marriage license, but if you want a confidential marriage license, you will have to pay $85. You may pay with cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. Remember that all checks need to be made out to the Registrar-Recorder County Clerk (RRCC).

Who can perform our marriage ceremony in Gardena, California?

Any priest, minister, or rabbi from any religious denomination; any judge, commissioner, or assistant commissioner from the California judicial system; or any current mayor can legally perform your marriage ceremony in Gardena, but if you want someone else to perform the ceremony, there is a way. Los Angeles County has a Deputy Commissioner for a Day program that authorizes a person to perform a marriage ceremony for a specific couple. You can read more about this program on the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website at Gardena Marriage License.

We are also thinking about having a civil ceremony. Where can we be married in a civil ceremony in Los Angeles County?

Civil ceremonies can be performed in branch offices of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office in Los Angeles, Florence, Beverly Hills, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys, as long as you have your marriage license in advance. Also, you need to provide your own witnesses.

In the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s branch office headquarters in Norwalk, there is a civil ceremony volunteer program and a wedding chapel. You can read more about the civil ceremony volunteer program on the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website at Los Angeles County Marriage License.

When do we get our marriage certificate in Gardena, California?

Your marriage certificate is issued usually about two weeks after the signed marriage license has been recorded at the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?