Apply For A Pico Rivera Marriage License

We are planning our wedding in Pico Rivera, California and we need to know where we need to go to apply for our marriage license. Where do we need to go?

You will need to go to the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office to apply for your marriage license. The closest branch office locations of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office to Pico Rivera are the branch office headquarters in Norwalk and the branch office in East Los Angeles. Here are the addresses:

12400 Imperial Highway
Norwalk, California 90650
Phone: (562) 462-2137

East Los Angeles
4716 East Cesar E. Chavez Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90022
Phone: (323) 260-2991

Generally, all marriage license applications should be submitted before three o’clock in the afternoon if you want to ensure same-day service. Marriage license applications are available in the office and online — visit Pico Rivera Marriage License to download an application. However, even if you submit an application online, you will still need to appear together in person at the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office in order to present your photo I.D. and pay the required marriage license fees.

What are the marriage license requirements that we need to know about?

You both need to be at least 18 years old. Also, neither of you can be currently married to another person. At the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office, you will be asked to show a valid government-issued I.D. (like a driver’s license) in order to confirm your age and identity.

Do we need to have blood tests to apply for a marriage license in Pico Rivera?

No. You do not need to have blood tests to apply for a marriage license in Los Angeles County.

Do we need to live in Pico Rivera in order to apply for a marriage license?

No. You do not need to live in Pico Rivera to apply for a marriage license. Residency is not mandatory for marriage licenses in Los Angeles County. Even couples from other cities and states are welcome to apply.

When should we use our Los Angeles County marriage license?

You should use your Los Angeles County marriage license within 90 days. After 90 days, the marriage license will expire.

What fee do we need to pay for a marriage license in Pico Rivera, California?

You need to pay $90 for a regular marriage license, but if you are applying for a confidential marriage license, you will need to pay $85. You can pay with cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. If you write a check, the check should be made payable to the Registrar-Recorder County Clerk (RRCC).

Who can we ask to perform our wedding ceremony in Pico Rivera, California?

You are free to ask anyone who is legally authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in the state of California to perform your wedding ceremony in Pico Rivera. These people are authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in the state of California: rabbis, ministers, and priests over the age of 18 from any religious denomination; judges, commissioners, and assistant commissioners of a California judicial court; and current acting mayors.

If you want to ask someone who is not currently authorized to perform marriages, you should look into the Los Angeles County Deputy Commissioner for a Day program. This program authorizes a person to perform a wedding ceremony for a friend or relative. Visit Los Angeles County Marriage License for more information.

How do we request a civil ceremony?

To request a civil ceremony, you will need to make an appointment at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office. You will need to have your marriage license in advance and you need to invite your own witnesses. There is a $25 fee for a civil ceremony.

Where and when do we get our marriage certificate?

After your wedding, you need to take your signed marriage license back to the Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office. After your license has been recorded, your marriage certificate will be ordered and you will receive it in about two weeks.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?