Apply For A Livermore Marriage License

She said yes! Where should we go to request a marriage license in Livermore, California?

First of all, congratulations! You are a lucky man. Marriage licenses for Livermore, California are issued by the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office. You will need to go with your fiancée in person to the Clerk-Recorder’s office in Oakland, California. The address is 1106 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, but all marriage license requests must be submitted before 4 p.m. You should also remember that the County-Recorder’s office is closed on all holidays. If you have questions that you would like to ask about marriage licenses in Alameda County before you go to the Clerk-Recorder-s office, you can visit the County Clerk-Recorder’s official website at Livermore Marriage License or call 1-510-272-6362.

What are the requirements to request a marriage license in Livermore, California?

You and your fiancée should both be at least 18 years old and legally unmarried. You should remember to bring a valid government-issued photo ID to the County Clerk-Recorder’s office when you go to request your marriage license.

Are we going to have to have blood tests?

You won’t need blood tests to request a marriage license because blood testing is not required for marriage licenses in the state of California.

What if we don’t live in Livermore, California?

That is not a problem. Residency is not required for marriage licenses, so you do not need to live in Livermore to receive a marriage license in Alameda County.

When will our marriage license expire?

Alameda County marriage licenses expire after a period of 90 days.

How much will we be expected to pay for a marriage license in Livermore, California?

You will be expected to pay the $96 fee when you request a marriage license. The good news is that this fee includes not only your Alameda County marriage license, but also one certified copy of your marriage certificate, which you can pick up about two weeks after you return your signed marriage license to the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office.

Can we choose the person that we want to perform our wedding?

Yes, you can choose the person who will perform your wedding, but that person needs to be legally authorized. Judges, retired judges, designated court officials, and most religious clergy members are already authorized to perform marriages in California.

If you want to ask a person who is not already authorized to perform your wedding, that person will need to become authorized first. He or she can do this by becoming at Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a day. To apply to be deputized, the person that you choose will need to send a letter that includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of you and your fiancée; the date and place of the wedding; the county where the marriage license was issued; and his or her own name, address, and phone number to Patrick O'Connell, Alameda County Clerk-Recorder, 1106 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607. There will be a $75 fee. If you have more questions about how becoming a Deputy Marriage Commissioner, you can find answers at the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office website at Alameda County Marriage License. The site explains further details and requirements about the process.

What if we want to request a civil ceremony?

You can request a civil ceremony at the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office on any business day as long as it is earlier than 3:45 p.m. You can even request a civil ceremony on the very day that you request your marriage license. However, you will need to provide your own witnesses. You can invite up to 29 guests.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?