Apply For An El Monte Marriage License

Where do we apply for a marriage license in El Monte, California?

Since all marriage licenses in Los Angeles County are issued by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office, you need to go to one of the branch offices to apply for your marriage license. Branch offices can be found in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys. You can visit whatever branch office is most convenient. You can find addresses, phone numbers, and office hours for each of these offices at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website on El Monte Marriage License.

Both of you need to appear together to make your request for a marriage license. The branch offices are open Monday through Friday. You should make your request for a marriage license before 3 o’clock in the afternoon. The office generally processes applications and issues marriage licenses on the same day.

The marriage license application can be found online, but you will still need to appear at the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office together to pay the fees, present your I.D. and pick up the marriage license. By law, marriage licenses cannot be mailed.

How do we qualify for a marriage license in El Monte, California?

You both must be at least 18 years old. Neither of you can be currently married to another person.

Are there other qualifications, such as residency, that we need to meet in order to receive a marriage license in El Monte, California?

No. Residency in El Monte or even in Los Angeles County is not a requirement for marriage licenses in Los Angeles County. You also will not need blood test results or health certificates.

When do we have to use our Los Angeles County marriage license?

Los Angeles County marriage licenses must be used within 90 days after they are issued. You can use a regular marriage license issued in Los Angeles County anywhere in the state of California.

How much do we have to pay for a marriage license in El Monte, California?

You will have to pay $90 for a regular marriage license, but if you are applying for a confidential marriage license, you will have to pay $85. You may pay by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. All checks need to be made out to the Registrar-Recorder County Clerk (RRCC).

Who can we invite to perform our wedding ceremony in El Monte, California?

You can invite any priest, minister, or rabbi from any religious denomination; any judge, commissioner, or assistant commissioner from the California judicial system; or any current mayor.

If you want to invite someone else, Los Angeles County also has a Deputy Commissioner for a Day program that authorizes a person to perform a specific wedding ceremony. You can learn more about this program by visiting the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office website at Los Angeles County Marriage License.

Can we have a civil ceremony in El Monte, California?

Civil ceremonies are only performed in branch offices of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Lancaster, Norwalk, and Van Nuys. You need to have your marriage license in advance. You need to provide your own witnesses. In the Norwalk office, there is a civil ceremony volunteer program and a wedding chapel. You can learn more about the civil ceremony volunteer program by visiting the Registrar-Recorder/CountyClerk’s office website at El Monte Marriage License.

How do we get our marriage certificate in El Monte, California?

After you take your signed marriage license back to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s office, the office will issue your marriage certificate. Your marriage certificate will arrive approximately two weeks after your marriage license has been recorded.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?