Apply For A Business License Coral Springs, Florida
I am planning to open a business in Coral Springs, Florida. Do I need a Coral Springs business tax receipt?
Those who operate business in Coral Springs will need to obtain a business tax receipt from the Business Tax Division of Coral Springs. You may either download the application for a business tax receipt from the City of Coral Springs website or you may visit the Business Tax Division at 9551 West Sample Road.
Do I need other Coral Springs permits or licenses?
Very often, depending on the type of business activities that you plan to conduct, you may need to contact other agencies and obtain licenses and/or permits beyond your business tax receipt. You may need to have zoning and sign approval for your business from the Planning and Zoning Division. They can be reached at (954) 344-1160.
Depending on your business ownership, you may need to contact IRS for a federal employer’s ID number or the Broward County Business Tax Division for information regarding a county business tax receipt. If you are selling alcohol or tobacco, you will need to have a state license and if you are planning to handle food, you may need a health permit. All businesses will need to have a fire inspection before your business commences. In addition, you will need to have a fire extinguisher that has been tested and tagged by a company that is certified and an ABC fire extinguisher which passes 2A 10BC rating. The extinguisher should be mounted in an unobstructed location within three to five feet from the floor. The business tax receipt application packet has a more complete list of some of the agencies that you may need to contact prior to opening your business.
What information will I need to complete my Coral Springs business tax receipt application?
The application for a Coral Springs business tax receipt comes within a packet which has several pages. The actual application is four pages long and requests information about your business, your business location, and each owner of your business. Some of this information includes the following:
- Name, contact information, driver’s license number, social security number, email address, and date of birth of the owner of your business
- Detailed description of your business activities
- If your business activities include any alcohol related activities, you will need to supply a beverage license and all applicable information pertaining to the license, including the type of alcoholic license, the expiration/renewal date, whether your beverage license is a transfer, information on the former license holder, etc.
- Supply the following documentation: fictitious name or articles of incorporation or LLC, an executed lease, state certification, Boward County competency certificate, professional license, state registration certificate, Boward County health permit, state alcoholic beverage license, and/or state tobacco license
- If applicable: number of seats, employees, and/or rental units, average monthly retail inventory, and a list of the location of all vending machines on the premises
- Business ownership type (LLC, corporation, partnership, or individual)
- Name of business
- Mailing and physical address
- All phone numbers associated with your business
- Opening date of your business
- Square footage of business
- A witnessed signature with a notary seal to certify that all information provided is true and complete
- A fictitious name affidavit is attached to the application packet which will need to filled out if you are not using a fictitious name for your business
If you need any assistance completing your application, contact the Business Tax Division at (954) 344-5964.
I will be operating my Coral Springs business from my home. What should I know?
You will need to fill out a home business application which can be downloaded from the City of Coral Springs website. The home business application is similar to the basic business tax receipt application for commercial locations but does require that you include a utility bill, mailbox agreement, and/or a lease. In addition, you will need to file a notarized affidavit stating that you have read and will comply with all regulations and conditions related to operating a home business. Be aware that your home business application will be forwarded to the Coral Springs police department for review. If you have questions regarding your home business application, contact the Business Tax Division at (954) 344-5958.
What will I be expected to pay for my Coral Springs business tax receipt?
Your fees will depend upon the type of business that you plan to conduct. You will need to contact the Business Tax Division to discuss your business tax receipt costs.
I still need information. Who should I contact?
For more information, go to the Coral Springs city website or visit the Business Tax Division at 9551 West Sample Road, Coral Springs, FL 33065. The office phone number is (954) 344-5963 and the fax number is (954) 344-1190.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.