How do I obtain a business license in Peoria, Illinois?
A Peoria business license application may be obtained by downloading it from the City of Peoria website. If you need information, you may contact the City of Peoria Accounts Receivable Office at (309) 494-8588.
What information is necessary on my Peoria business license?
The business license application for a Peoria business license requires the following information:
- All owner information including a driver’s license number, date of birth, phone number, and address
- Phone number, date of birth, driver’s license, and home address of all owners (or stockholder owning more than 5% of the corporation)
- Seating capacity if applicable
- Illinois state tax ID number
- Peoria taxpayer number
- Physical address and mailing address of business
- Name of business
- All phone numbers associated with business
- Business email
- Corporation details (date of incorporation, name of corporation) if it applies to your business
- If any owner has been convicted of a crime or ordinance violation, describe the offense, date of conviction, and the place of the conviction
- Signature and email address of each owner should be provided
When you have completed your application, return it to the Accounts Receivable Office at 419 Fulton Street, room 111 in Peoria. If you have any questions concerning your business license application, you can contact the Accounts Receivable Office at (309) 494-8588.
What costs are associated with obtaining a Peoria business license?
You will need to contact the Accounts Receivable Office to discuss the costs associated with business licensure. There may be other costs related to obtaining a business license such as for paying for inspections, background checks, etc. Contact Accounts Receivable at (309) 494-8588 for more information.
Will there be other licenses or permits to obtain?
Depending on your business, you may need to apply for additional licenses and permits. You may need to obtain a health permit if you are operating a restaurant. A liquor license may be necessary for those that plan to sell or serve alcohol. There may be other licenses or permits that may be required. Contact the Accounts Receivable Office for more information and to determine which, if any, additional licenses or permits you may need.
Who should I contact if I have other questions?
Browse the City of Peoria website for information that may be helpful for those applying for a business license. The Accounts Receivable Office can be reached via telephone at (309) 494-8588. The office is located at 419 Fulton Street, room 111 in Peoria.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.