Apply For A Business License Waco, Texas

In Waco, Texas, is a business license or permit required to operate a business?

Only a small portion of business owners must complete, pay for, and file business permits. Currently, that list includes:

  • Solicitor’s Permit
  • Mobile Food Vendor Permit
  • Temporary Food Establishment Permit
  • Food Establishment Permit
  • Special Event Permit
  • Alcoholic Beverage Permit (enforced by TABC and by the City of Waco)
  • Horse-Drawn Carriage Business License
  • Taxi Cab Permit

What should be done to verify my Waco business location?

All business owners are obligated to contact the City of Waco Planning and Zoning for an inspection to be completed on your business property for approval. This must occur prior to the remittance of any of the permit applications.

City of Waco
Planning and Zoning
300 Austin Avenue
Waco, TX 76701
(254) 750-5640

You can find more information online at The required forms are found at

What basic information will be needed for a Waco business license or permit?

The permits are all a little different, one to another, but the information that you will need generally  follows:

  • Applicant name
  • Applicant address and phone number
  • Applicant driver’s license and date of birth
  • Business/property owner/sponsor name
  • Business/property owner/sponsor phone number and address
  • Business/property owner/sponsor driver’s license number and date of birth
  • Employee or volunteer information such as license number, date of birth, names, and dates they will work
  • Type of business activity or special event specifics
  • Insurance information must be submitted with the application
  • Type of food or alcohol to be served, if applicable
  • Signatures of both applicant and owner as well as dates
  • Fees must be included with application

Who can I contact for information regarding the Waco Alcoholic Beverage Certification?

Please contact your local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Certification. The phone number is (254) 776-7626. If you require the address, the TABC office is located at:

TABC, Waco District Office
Richland Office Plaza
6001 West Waco Drive, Suite 8
Waco, TX 76710
(254) 776-7626
Fax: (254) 776-7628
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

After you receive your TABC certification, you will then need to apply with the City of Waco for their Alcohol Permit. The permit application is found at The permit application may be faxed to (254) 750-5724 or mailed to:

City of Waco
City Secretary
Alcohol Permit
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, TX 76702

Where can a business license application or permit application be sent in Waco?

Please take note that you send any of the permit applications to the correct address. The mailing address for the City of Waco is separate from the physical address. The mailing address is:

City of Waco
City Secretary
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, TX 76702

When mailing to the City, include in the address which department you are contacting. You may also fax back any of the permit applications, however, you must ensure that you call the City at (254) 750-5750 and pay the required application fees so that your application may be processed.

What about a Waco Food Permit?

There are three different food permits that are available in the City of Waco: Food Establishment Permit, Mobile Food Vendor Permit, and Temporary Food Establishment Permit. Essentially, any business that will involve the handling of food must apply with the City of Waco Environmental Health Department, whether it be a large food business or small. Both mobile food vendors and permanent establishments alike are required to complete the appropriate application. This application can be found at Waco Food Permit. If you have any questions in regards to the food service business in Waco, Texas, please call the City of Waco Environmental Health Department at (254) 750-5464. The address is:

City of Waco
Environmental Health Department
200 Colcord Avenue
Waco, TX 76707

To maintain transparency, the city has created two other documents to supplement the three permit applications. For each of the applications there is a corresponding requirement document and a checklist. Because these are very clear, often the city will simply direct you to this website to read the information. The requirements and information vary from each document so ensure that you read the correct one.If you will be submitting the Temporary Food Permit Application, make certain that you do so at least five days prior to the event. Otherwise, the fee due to the city will double.

What cost can be expected for the various Waco permits?

The costs and fees associated with obtaining any of the City of Waco permits are the following:

  • Solicitor’s Permit - $20 annual fee
  • Mobile Food Vendor Permit - from $25 to $100
  •  Temporary Food Establishment Permit - from $40 per 14 day event
  • Food Establishment Permit - from $50 to $200
  • Special Event Permit - $25 fee, other fees may apply
  • Alcoholic Beverage Permit (enforced by TABC and by the City of Waco) - from $100 to $200 annually
  • Horse-Drawn Carriage Business License - $20 annual fee
  • Taxi Cab Permit - $75 per vehicle, annually

Where can I obtain the Special Activity Application from the City of Waco?

It is located at Waco Activity Application. There is an application checklist. Every item must be fulfilled prior to your application submittal. If not completed entirely, it will be rejected. For information on what venues may be available, please call the City of Waco at (254) 750-5980. You will need to remit this application either in person, by mail, or by fax. If you choose to fax it, you must simultaneously call the city and pay the due fees over the phone. Fees are due at the time of remittance.
Physical address:

City of Waco
Special Events Committee
300 Austin Avenue
Waco, TX 76702

Mailing address:

City of Waco
Special Events Committee
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, TX 76702

Fax: (254) 750-5724

Are there any further questions or concerns?

Please call the City of Waco City Secretary’s Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (254) 750-5750. The physical address of the City is:

City of Waco
City Secretary
300 Austin Avenue
Waco, TX 76702

Mailing address:

City of Waco
City Secretary
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, TX 76702

Additionally, you may locate all of the permits online at: If you require the City Secretary’s fax number, it is (254) 750-5724.

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Laredo
Lewisville Longview Lubbock
McAllen McKinney Mesquite
Midland Missouri City North Richland Hills
Odessa Pasadena Plano
Port Arthur Richardson Round Rock
San Angelo San Antonio Sugar Land
Temple Tyler Victoria
Waco Wichita Falls

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?