Apply For A Business License Brownsville, Texas

For Brownsville, Texas, is a business license required?

For the vast majority of cases, a business license is not an obligation of prospective business owners except for licenses that are mandated by the State of Texas. In fact, in the City of Brownsville, a business license is not even required to serve alcoholic beverages, though a Beer and Wine Permit is required. Currently, the only business permits that are required are:

  1. Hotel Occupancy Tax Permit
  2. Motel Occupancy Tax Permit
  3. Beer and Wine Permit

What cost can be expected to obtain a business license in Brownsville?

For the Beer and Wine Permit, the City’s Secretary Office will assess the appropriate fees at the time the requirements and prerequisites are all completed. Then the Beer and Wine Permit will be issued. As far as the Hotel and Motel Operating Fee, it is $50 that is levied for the purpose of owning and operating a hotel or motel. This fee must be paid within 10 days of a change of operator or owner of a hotel or motel and is due to the City Secretary’s Office. The fee is due, as well, each year before July 1st. The permit is issued after the application is completed and the fee is paid to the City. You can visit the Brownsville City Secretary's website to learn more.

What information will be needed to submit a business license application or permit in Brownsville?

For the three permits that are, at this time, required, the information that will be needed for the permits is as follows:

  1. Name of applicant
  2. Name of property owner
  3. Beer and Wine Permit: What percentage of alcohol will be served? At what hours will alcohol be served? Proof of application to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) is required. In conjunction with a City Beer and Wine Permit, a state permit is also needed.
  4. Hotel and Motel Occupancy Tax Permit: A $50 fee is required along with the Permit application.

Where can a business owner apply for a Brownsville business license or permit?

The application process only allows for applying directly at the City Secretary’s Office. At this time, the permits applications are not available online. For the Beer and Wine Permit, once you complete the permit application that you received from the City Secretary’s Office, you may mail the application to:

City of Brownsville Planning and Zoning Department
1150 East Adams Street
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 548-6150

Are there any additional questions or concerns?

Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (956) 548-6001. You may also fax the City Secretary’s Office at (956) 546-2130. You can also visit the Brownsville City Secretary's website. If you prefer contacting them through the office location, it is:

City of Brownsville
Office of the City Secretary
1034 East Levee Street
1st Floor
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 548-6001

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Laredo
Lewisville Longview Lubbock
McAllen McKinney Mesquite
Midland Missouri City North Richland Hills
Odessa Pasadena Plano
Port Arthur Richardson Round Rock
San Angelo San Antonio Sugar Land
Temple Tyler Victoria
Waco Wichita Falls

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?