Apply For A Business License Temple, Texas

In Temple, Texas, is a business license required to operate a business?

Chances are that you won’t have to obtain any licenses or permits to lawfully operate your business in Temple, Texas. There are very few required permits or certifications that a potential business owner must apply for. They are:

What should be done to verify my Temple business location?

You are obligated to apply with the Temple Planning Department for a Certificate of Occupancy. All potential business owners must have their property inspected to ensure safety of its patrons and that the business type is allowed per zoning. Go to the Planning Department’s website to learn more:

Planning Department
2 North Main Street
Temple, TX 76501 (254) 298-5668
Fax: (254) 298-5561

What about a Temple Solicitor’s Permit?

The City of Temple Solicitor’s Permit is also known as the Peddlers, Solicitors, and Itinerant Vendor Permit. The fee to acquire this permit is $30 annually with an additional $5 per employee under the company or franchise. This permit is for businesses that do not have a “fixed origin” of business. The Peddlers, Solicitors, and Itinerant Vendors Permit Application is found at You may return the application via fax to (254) 298-5561 or in person or by mail to:

City of Temple
Peddlers, Solicitors, and Itinerant Vendor
2 North Main Street
Temple, TX 76501

If you have any questions regarding this permit, please call the City Secretary’s Office at (254) 298-5700.

What basic information will be needed for a Temple business license or permit?

 For the few permit applications that there are the information is generally:

  • Name of applicant
  • Applicant’s address
  • Applicant’s phone number
  • Property owner’s name
  • Property owner’s address
  • For the Vendor’s Permit: physical description of each employee
  • Whether or not anyone involved has ever been convicted of a felony
  • Make and model of any vehicles being used for the business
  • Authorization for a background investigation
  • Property owner’s phone number
  • For the Alcohol Beverage License, what types of alcohol and what percentages will be served
  • Anticipated hours of operation
  • Business location
  • Business activity or service rendered
  • Applicant’s signature and date
  • Owner’s signature and date

Where can a business license application or permit application be sent in Temple, Texas?

Any Temple permit applications can be sent to the Permits Department, located at:

City of Temple
Permits: City Secretary’s Office
2 North Main Street
Temple, TX 76501

You can also submit completed permit applications by fax at (254) 298-5561 .

What about an alcoholic establishment in Temple, Texas?

Licensing at the local level is a requirement in order to run an alcoholic serving establishment. Additionally, you will also need to obtain Texas Alcoholic Beverage Certification (TABC) before you will be permitted to operate your alcoholic beverage business. For details, you may contact the TABC office in Temple at (254) 933-5368. The office is located at:

TABC, Belton Outpost
111 East Water Street
Belton, TX 76513
Fax: (254) 933-5369

The City of Temple Alcoholic Beverage License Application is found at If you have any concerns or questions about the City of Temple’s application you may call the City Secretary at (254) 298-5700.

What cost can be expected for a Temple permit?

Some of the fees and costs of permits are published online, some are not. For clarification please call the City of Temple City Secretary’s Office directly at (254) 298-5700. There are fees assessed by the City of Temple and by the state Texas Alcoholic Beverage Certification TABC, you may call the City Secretary’s Office and the TABC. They also can be reached at (254) 933-5368. Some of the recent costs show:

Peddlers, Solicitors, and Itinerant Vendor Permit - $30 annually plus $5 per employee
Alcohol License - $25 to $1,875 annually
Food Dealers Permit - $30 annually plus $5.00 for each Mobile Food Service
Massage Establishment Permit - $25 annually

What should be done for a massage therapy establishment in Temple?

The application that you will need to complete and file with the city is located at If you are a duly-appointed physician or chiropractor, you will not need to complete this application. Please ensure that the $25 fee is submitted to the city at the same time in which you remit this application. Also have a copy of a current DMV-issued photo identification.

Are there any further questions or concerns?

Please contact the City of Temple City Secretary’s Office at (254) 298-5700. The City Secretary’s Office hours of operation are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you prefer you may obtain many answers at

City of Temple
City Secretary’s Office
2 North Main Street
Temple, TX 76501
Fax: (254) 298-5561

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Laredo
Lewisville Longview Lubbock
McAllen McKinney Mesquite
Midland Missouri City North Richland Hills
Odessa Pasadena Plano
Port Arthur Richardson Round Rock
San Angelo San Antonio Sugar Land
Temple Tyler Victoria
Waco Wichita Falls

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?