Apply For A Business License Jacksonville, North Carolina
Looking to open a business in Jacksonville, North Carolina?
You are going to need to apply for and be issued a business license prior to conducting any business within the Jacksonville city limits. An application for a business license can be downloaded and filled out from the City of Jacksonville website. If you prefer to apply in person, you may visit the City of Jacksonville Finance Department at 815 New Bridge Street.
Do you have all the necessary information to complete the Jacksonville business license application?
You will need to include the following information to complete your business license application. Any information that does not apply to your business can be marked as ‘N/A’ for not-applicable:
- Type of business ownership (sole proprietor, LLC, corporation, partnership)
- Physical location of business
- Type of business license application (change of address, new business, change of name)
- Detailed description of business activities
- Name of business (or corporation, if applicable)
- Other business locations in North Carolina (if it applies)
- State license number for contractors
- Start date for business
- Detailed description of goods manufactured or sold
- Number of employees
- Whether live entertainment is provided
- Whether alcohol is sold or served (and a completed beer/wine application)
- Taxi certificate number
- Number of children for daycare center
- Number of hotel or motel rooms
- Restaurant seating capacity
- Number of operator chairs for hair and nail shops
- Name and phone number of manager
- FEIN (federal employer’s ID number) or owner’s social security number
- If business location is owned or rented (if rented, name of landlord)
- Name of business owner
- All contact information for business including fax number and email address
- Signature and date of applicant
This is not an exhaustive list of information that you may be required to provide to be issued a business license in Jacksonville. You will want to review the application for more information. If you have questions or need assistance completing your application, you may contact the Finance Department at (910) 938-5244.
What about zoning and other permits or licenses?
You may be required to obtain additional licenses or permits from other agencies beyond the basic business license from the Finance Department. The Planning Department should be contacted early in the licensure process to verity zoning of the location that you wish to use. They can be reached at (910) 938-5031. You may be required to obtain health permits for business that include handling food or tattooing. Depending on your business activities, you may need to contact the Police Department (910) 455-4000 or the Fire Department (910) 455-8080. Contact the Finance Department for more information regarding additional permits and licenses, whether local, state, and/or federal that you may need to operate your business.
Do you need more information?
PO Box 128, Jacksonville,
NC 28541-0128 815 New Bridge St.,
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.