Apply For A Business License Kennewick, Washington
How can I get a business license in Kennewick?
Prior to doing business in Kennewick, you will need to register with the state, obtain a Master Business Application for the State of Washington business license, and receive a Unified Business Identifier tax number. For some businesses, other requirements are needed such as for home-based, temporary, and solicitor's businesses.
Next, make sure your business is compliant regarding Kennewick’s municipal codes and tax requirements. Then complete the City of Kennewick Business License by clicking on the provided link. The application is listed on the right side of the website under the Application Forms heading. Once all applications are complete and the fees paid, you should receive your business license within 10 business days.
What information will I need for the Kennewick application?
You will be asked on the application form for the following information:
- Legal name of business
- Contact information and birthdates for Owners, partners, and/or corporate officers
- Start of business date
- State of Washington Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- Federal Tax ID number
- Description of business activity
- Description of previous business activity at location along with any building modifications
- Number of full-time and part-time employees, including full-time equivalent employees (FTE)
- Emergency and property management contact information
- If applicable, city alarm registration number
- List of any regulatory licenses your business is required to have
What are the costs of the licenses?
Licenses are not prorated and are good through the end of the calendar year. For questions regarding fees, contact Customer Service at (509) 585-4266. Here are the costs of the licenses:
- Master Business Application fee is $15 (Washington State fee)
- Kennewick Business License fee is $55 in most cases, plus $5 for each full time employee or FTE
- Other fees are indicated on the application if required for your specific type of business
Where do I send the applications and fees?
Send all documentation and fees (by check or money order) to:
City of Kennewick
210 W. 6th Ave
P.O. Box 6108
Kennewick, WA 99336-0108
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.