Apply For A Business License Federal Way, Washington
Obtaining a business license in Federal Way?
Any business, including home-based businesses, operating within the city limits of Federal Way will need to register with the State of Washington and complete a business license application from the city. Please be aware of the Federal Way building, fire and safety, and zoning codes as well as applicable tax requirements.
You should plan on the licensing process to take up to fsour weeks. Some businesses may require other permits. To answer those questions and for any other information contact the Business Licensing Department by:
- Phone (253) 835-2527
- Fax (253) 835-2509
- In person at City Hall, 2nd Floor Management Services at the address below
- Mail fees and documentation to: City of Federal Way, Attn: Business Licensing, 33325 8th Ave S, Federal Way, WA 98003
What is the cost of the licenses?
The licenses are valid until the end of the calendar year. If a license is issued during the final three months of the year it will not expire until the end of the following year. Here are the costs of the licenses:
- Master Application fee is $15
- Federal Way Business License fee is $75
- Temporary Federal Way Business License fee good for 90 days is $50
What information do I need for the Federal Way business license application?
You will need to have the following information available:
- Name of business and contact information for owner(s)
- Start of business date
- State of Washington Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- Federal Tax ID number
- Description of business activity
- Number of full-time and part-time employees
- Social Security numbers, driver's license numbers, and birthdates for all corporate officers, owners, or partners
- Emergency contact information
- If applicable, city alarm registration number
- List of any regulatory licenses your business is required to have
- Square footage of business
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.