Apply For A Business License Bellevue, Washington
How do I obtain a business license in Bellevue?Before operating a business within the city limits of Bellevue, there are a few requirements that need to be met.
First, the following documents need to be obtained and can be completed jointly:
The information you will need to complete these applications are:
- Name of business and contact information and social security numbers for all owners, corporate officers, partners, LLC members and spouses
- Start of business date
- State of Washington Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- Federal Tax ID number
- Description of business activity
- Emergency contact information
- Number of employees, including those under the age of 18
- Amount of estimated gross annual receipts
- List of any regulatory licenses your business is required to have
- Square footage of the business
- Department of Labor and Industry Registration Number if you are a construction contractor
- If you are a business located outside the city limits but still do business in Bellevue, you will need to provide a list of cities, fees, first date of service to those cities, and if possible your license number for those cities
Second, you will need to receive zoning approval by Bellevue’s Development Services Department unless your business is located outside the city.
Third, you will receive your Bellevue registration number and information regarding the Business and Occupation tax. The B&O tax is subject only to businesses with 250 taxable square feet or more for offices and/or $145,000 or more in taxable gross receipts. Also, review the other Bellevue taxes to see if they are applicable. For tax questions, contact the Tax Division at (425) 452-6851.
You can file for your Bellevue business license online. This is generally the fastest method for processing your application. However, you may choose instead to send your fees (check made payable to Washington State Treasurer) and applications to:
Master License Service
Department of Licensing
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98057-9034
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.