Apply For A Business License Westminster, Colorado
Are you planning to open a business in Westminster, Colorado?
Westminster requires that those operating a business in their city to apply for and be issued a business license from the City Clerk’s Office. Business license applications can be requested in person from the City Clerk’s Office at 4800 West 92nd Avenue in Westminster or by filling in and printing the application from the City of Westminster website. Please note that if you choose not to fill in the application online, it must be typed in order to be reviewed. If it is not, it will be returned to you unread. This application is used to collect information about your business and you as the owner for tax and city registration purposes.
What information is necessary on the application for a Westminster business license?
You will need the following information to complete your Westminster business license application:
- Business location information: is your business in your home, outside the city limits, in a commercial location, or an internet or catalogue sales business
- The type of registration you are completing: a new business, an update of an existing license, or a change of legal form
- If applicable, a FEIN (federal employer’s ID number) from the IRS
- A business name
- Colorado sales tax number (if applicable)
- Type of ownership: individual, partnership, LLC/LLP, corporation, trust, government, etc.
- All contact information for your business including telephone numbers, mailing and physical address, and email address
- Name, home phone, and home address of principal owner
- Start date of business
- Hours of operation
- Business type (may include wholesale, construction, leasing, professional services, etc.)
- Commercial businesses located in the city need to provide a name and contact information for three after-hours contacts in the event of an emergency at your business location where you cannot be reached
- A signature is needed to certify that all the information that you have provided is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge
There may be other key information not included on this list and you have the sole responsibility of being familiar with the actual document prior to applying for your business license. There is a detailed list which defines each item that you will need to provide for your Westminster business license application attached to the application to assist you as you complete the application for your business license. If you should need more information or have questions regarding the Westminster business license application, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (303) 658-2162. When you have completed and printed your application, you can return it via fax to (303) 706-3924 or you can hand it in at 4800 West 92nd Avenue in Westminster.
Are you using your home as a base for your business?
If you wish to use your home for a business location, you will need to fill out a home occupation registration form which can be found on the Westminster website or requested in person from the City Clerk’s Office located at 4800 West 92nd Avenue in Westminster. The home occupation registration form will outline the restrictions and regulations placed on a home business which you will be expected to comply with. There are several ‘yes or no‘ questions that will determine if your business is permitted to be run from your home. A ‘yes‘ answer to any question will disqualify you from using your home as a base for your business. Some questions include whether you plan to hire any employees from outside of your home to work in your home-based business, whether you plan to use more than 20% of your total floor space to conduct your business, if you plan to use your garage as part of your business space, etc. You will need to sign this supplemental form to state that you will comply with all the conditions for home occupation and that you have provided only true and correct information.
Are there costs associated with receiving a Westminster business license?
There is no fee associated with your business license or home occupation license in Westminster.
Do you have other questions or concerns?
You can contact the City Clerk’s Office to ask questions regarding your business license by calling (303) 658-2162 or by visiting them in person at 4800 West 92nd Ave in Westminster. You can also visit the City of Westminster website to research business license information.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
|Colorado Springs||Denver||Fort Collins|
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.