Do I need a license to operate a business in Colorado Springs, Colorado?
Yes, each business in Colorado Springs is required to obtain a business license from the City. However, there are many different applications for different types of businesses and you will need to choose the one that best fits your business activities. In addition to a business license, you will need to have zoning verification from the Development Review Enterprises office. They can be reached at (719) 385-5982.
What information should I gather to complete my Colorado Springs business license application?
Because there are so many different applications for the city of Colorado Springs, you may want to go online to the City of Colorado Springs website to determine which one best suits your business. Some of the information that is generally found on all applications includes (but is not limited to):
- The names, contact information, social security numbers, and dates of birth of all owners, directors, partners, registered agents, and officers
- If the business is owned individually, by a corporation, LLC/LLP, or association
- Business physical and mailing address
- All phone numbers associated with business
- Trade name (doing business as)
- A sworn affirmation that all information is true and correct, that all ordinances, regulations, restrictions, and conditions have been read and understood and that the business is in compliance
- A signed and notarized authorization for release of information regarding any criminal convictions and records which shall be given over to the Colorado Springs Police Department, the City Clerk, and any other entity that may require such information
Are there additional permits or licenses that I may need for operating a business in Colorado Springs?
Because there are such a vast number of business licenses for Colorado Springs, each type of business application will have different forms and information in addition to the general information listed above. Some of the different licenses include an application for tree services, pool hall application, excavation permit, arcade game license, alarm-system, food vendor, liquor tasting event permit, etc. Each of these licenses may require additional permits, fees, and forms. If you are not sure which license application will best suit your business, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (719) 385-5105 to discuss your proposed business activities and to ask for assistance in determining which application to file.
What fees are associated with a Colorado Springs business license?
Each business license application has a base application fee of $15.00, but most applciations will incur additional expenses to be complete. Based on your business activities and the type of business license you apply for, your expenses may vary. Contact the City Clerk’s office for an exact calculation of your Colorado Springs business license application fees and expenses.
I still need information. Who should I contact?
You can contact the City Clerk’s Office by visiting them at 30 South Nevada Avenue or you can reach them via telephone at (719) 385-5105. You can mail written correspondence to:
Colorado Springs Office of the City Clerk
PO Box 1575, mail code 110
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-1575
Explore the Colorado Springs city website to find useful information on obtaining your Colorado Springs business license.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.