Are you planning to open a business in Arvada, Colorado?
Those that operate a business in the city of Arvada need to apply for and be issued a sales and use tax license from the Sales Tax Department. They can be reached at (720) 898-7100. An application for a sales and use license is available to be printed from the City of Arvada website or if you prefer, you may visit the office in person at 8101 Ralston Road. In addition to obtaining a sales and use tax license, you will also need to contact the Community Development Department at (720) 898-7456 to discuss zoning regulations and to determine if your business will fall into the proper zone for the business that you are planning to conduct.
What information is necessary to complete your Arvada sales and use tax license application?
Your Arvada business license application is a two-page document that serves to collect important information regarding your business and each owner of the business you plan to open in the City of Arvada. Some of the information that you will need to supply includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Ownership information, whether your business is part of a corporation, an LLP/LLC, an association, a partnership, a sub-s group, a non-profit organization, or owned by a single owner
- Type of application, meaning whether you are operating a retail business, a wholesale business, or property rentals business
- If it applies to your business, you will need to provide a federal ID number, a Colorado sales tax ID number, a corporate register agent, tax-exempt information, any home occupation information
- Mailing address, physical address, and all phone contact information for your business
- Owner(s) name, home address, home phone number, valid driver’s license, social security number, and birthdate
- Information on the business property you plan to use, such as whether it is located in a commercial property, a private home, and/or in the city of Arvada
- A signature denoting that you are providing only true and accurate information on your Arvada sales and use tax license application
If you have questions regarding your Arvada sales and use tax certificate application, you can contact the Sales Tax Department at (720) 898-7100.
Do you plan to operate an Arvada home business?
Home-based occupations will have need to fill out the supplemental information on the third page of the sales and use tax license application which requests information on how you plan to use your home as a base for your business. You will need to provide a brief description of your business, the number of vehicles you will use for your business, the number of employees you plan to hire that are residing elsewhere, where you plan to store supplies associated with your business, etc. You will need to sign the application to verify, under the penalty of perjury, that you are providing only true and complete information.
Will you need any additional licenses or permits?
On the application for your Arvada sales and use license, there is a list of entities that you may need to contact based on your business type and business activities. If you are not certain whether you will need to contact any other agencies, it is best to contact the Sales Tax Department. Be sure to discuss your business activities and to determine which, if any, other permits or license you will be required to apply for to conduct your business in compliance with all state, local, and federal regulations and laws.
Do you need more information regarding your sales and use tax license application?
Contact the City of Arvada Sales Tax Department at (720) 898-7100 or visit them in person at 8101 Ralston Road. The City of Arvada
website has useful information for those who wish to operate their own business.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.