Apply For A Business License Pueblo, Colorado
Are you looking for information on operating a business in Pueblo, Colorado?
You will need to contact the City of Pueblo Finance and Sales Tax Division at (719) 553-2659 for information on obtaining a Pueblo business license. They can direct you in the process of applying for and being issued a business license for their city. You are required to pay a $50.00 fee (except for those businesses that are exempt) to obtain a business license, as well as additional fees for separate licenses or permits that may be needed to operate your business. There is a host of information on the City of Pueblo website that you may find useful in your endeavor to open your own business in Pueblo.
What Information is Needed on Your Pueblo Sales and Use License Application?
You may print the application for a sales and use tax license application from the City of Pueblo website or you may request one in person by visiting 130 Central Main Street in Pueblo. The following information is needed to complete your sales and use tax license application (though this is not an all-inclusive list):
- Type of ownership (partnership, corporation, LLC, or individually owned)
- All owner(s) contact information including name, phone number, date of birth, and home address
- Description of your business activities
- The name, physical and mailing address, and all phone numbers associated with your business
- A name and phone number of a primary contact for your business
- Information on your business location such as whether you rent or own, purchase information, landlord name and contact information, etc.
- Record-keeping information such as where your business records are kept, the name and phone number of your accountant or bookkeeper, the bank that your business uses, etc.
- Signature certifying that you are in compliance with all Pueblo City Ordinances associated with operating a business, and that all the information you have provided is true and accurate
Will you need other licenses or permits to operate your business in Pueblo?
You will need to contact the Planning & Community Department for information pertaining to zoning by calling (719) 553-2259 or by visiting them in person at 211 East D Street in Pueblo. Your business location must be properly zoned prior to opening. If you plan to have alcohol as part of your business, you will need to be licensed for alcohol sales or serving. Those businesses that handle food will need to file an application for handling food. You may contact the Finance Department to determine which, if any, other licenses you will need for your business activities. They can be reached at (719) 553-2659.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
If you still have questions, contact the Finance Department Sales Tax Division, 130 Central Main Street, P.O. Box 1427, Pueblo, CO 81002. Call (719) 553-2659 or fax (719) 553-2657.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
|Colorado Springs||Denver||Fort Collins|
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.