Apply For A Business License Phoenix, Arizona
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Are you opening a business in Phoenix, Arizona?
To operate a business in Phoenix, you will need to obtain a privilege tax license from the City of Phoenix Finance Department. You can apply for a privilege tax license in person at 251 West Washington Street, or you may choose to fill in and print the application online at the City of Phoenix website.
What information will you provide for your Privilege Tax License application?
Be aware that all information that you provide for your privilege tax license application (excepting your social security number) will become public record, and be available for access to the public. The following information is used to complete your privilege tax license application:
- The name, phone number, social security number and address for all owners of the business
- Whether your business is owned by a corporation, in a partnership, husband/wife co-owned, solely owned, LLC, LLP, a revocable or irrevocable trust or other type of ownership
- Type of business (commercial, property rental, contractor, retail, amusement, etc)
- A check box for whether or not you serve alcohol
- Information on the ownership of your business property and whether it is a home occupation
- If your business property is rented, name and contact information of the landlord or property manager
- Type of license you are applying for (new business, or purchase of an existing business)
- Date you plan to start your tax liability in Phoenix
- Name of business
- If applicable, the name of the corporation that owns your business
- Physical address of your business
- Mailing address of your business
- Email and all phone numbers associated with your business
- Description of your business activities
- A signature of the applicant to denote that you will pay all taxes in a timely manner, and that you are providing only true and accurate information on your privilege tax license application
When you have completed your application, you will need to print it (if you filled it in online) and return it to the City of Phoenix Finance Department. If you have any questions pertaining to completing your application, call (602) 262-6785.
What information should you be aware of when you operate a business in Phoenix?
It is important that you be certain that no back taxes are owed on a business that was previously owned because you could be legally liable for all monies owed to the city. If you are planning to operate a business in Arizona, you will need to be legally eligible, meaning that you must be a legal citizen of the United States. You will be asked to prove your citizenship by providing certain documentation such as a certificate of naturalization, a US birth certificate, a valid driver’s license, etc. You may need to contact the IRS or the Arizona State Revenue Department for important tax ID numbers, depending on the type of ownership your business is under. You may need to apply for a liquor sales license if you plan to serve or sell alcohol. There are businesses that may require other licenses or regulatory permits. You will need to contact the Finance Department to determine which, if any other Phoenix permits or licenses you may need. They can be reached at (602) 262-6785.
What are the costs associated with a Phoenix Privilege Tax License?
There are a list of fees available online at the City of Phoenix website, or you may contact the Finance Department. Your fees will be based on the type of business activities you are conducting.
Do you need further information?
Contact the Finance Department of Phoenix at (602) 262-6785. They are located at 251 West Washington Street in Phoenix. The City of Phoenix website has a lot of useful information regarding operating a business in Phoenix.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.