Apply For A Business License Glendale, Arizona
Looking to open a business in Glendale, Arizona?
Those that are planning to open a business in Glendale will need to obtain either a privilege sales tax license or a business occupational license. The privilege sales tax license will be used for businesses that will be reporting sales tax, such as retail stores or restaurants. An business occupational license should be obtained if your business does not produce any tangible goods which will be sold, but you provide a service, such as a medical professional or a property rental. To procure a privilege sales tax license or an occupational business license application, you may fill it in on the City of Glendale website, or you may request it in person from the Tax and License Division at 5850 West Glendale Ave.
What is required to complete a Glendale Privilege Sales Tax License and Occupational Business License application?
General information for both licenses include the following information:
- A declaration of the type of business ownership your business is under, wether owned singly, by a corporation, a partnership, LLC, revocable or irrevocable trust, or other ownership type
- Business activities (advertising, restaurant, contractor, property rental, retail, etc)
- A section of ‘yes or no’ questions to gather information about your business activities such as if you are renting properties, selling alcohol, handling potentially hazardous materials, or operating your business from your home
- A name for your business
- Physical address of your business
- Mailing address and all phone numbers associated with your business
- Start date of business in Glendale
- Whether your business is a non-profit organization, minority or female owned
- If you lease or own your business property, and if it is leased, contact information for the landlord or property manager
- Government issued ID information, if applicable
- Name, title code, phone number and home address of each owner of the business
- Email address for business
- All legal documents such as non-profit emption, fictitious name certificate, etc should be attached and returned with your application
- A signature of the application to verify that all the information provided is true and accurate, that you are in agreement with all local, state and/or federal regulations for operating a business and that all fees and taxes will be paid in a timely manner to the city of Glendale
- A title code and government issued ID type code list is found on the third page of your privilege sales license and occupational business license application
Return your completed application to the Tax and License Division of Glendale. If you have any questions, call the office at (623) 930-3190.
What costs are expected of those applying for a Privilege Sales Tax License or Occupational Business License in the city of Glendale?
You will be expected to pay a fee of $20 initial fee for a privilege sales license or occupational business license, and an annual fee of $50 which will be prorated based on your start date for the first year. If your business opens between January 1 and March, you will pay the full $50. If your business begins operation between April 1 through June 30, you will pay $37.50. Between July 1 and September 30, expect to pay $25.00 and between October 1 and December 31 you will pay $12.50. This is added onto the initial, one time fee of $20. If you need assistance calculating your fees, you may contact the Tax and License Division at (623) 930-3190.
Will you need to apply for additional licenses or permits?
Depending on the type of business you plan to conduct, you may need to contact other agencies, whether state, local or federal for additional permits or licenses. You may need to contact the health department for a health permit if your business activities include handling food or certain chemicals. You may need to contact the IRS for tax ID numbers. Certain businesses require supplemental licenses, such as alarm system monitoring, contracting, hotel/motel rental, etc. Check the City of Glendale website for a complete list of these business types, or contact the Tax and License Division to discuss your business activities and to determine if you will need to apply for additional licenses or permits.
Do you need more information?
City of Glendale
City Hall First Floor
5850 W. Glendale Ave
Glendale, AZ 85301
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.