Are you looking for information on obtaining a business license in Sparks, Nevada?
Before you apply for a business license from the City of Sparks, you will need to obtain other licenses and/or permits such as a Nevada state business license, a certificate from the fictitious name filing from Washoe County, and proof that you have Worker’s Compensation insurance and information from the Nevada Department of Taxation. In addition, you may need to procure a tax ID number from the IRS and other entities as you move through the application process. It is important that you have zoning clearance for any business property that you are interested in using. It is recommended that you get zoning clearance prior to signing a lease or purchase contract. You will want to contact the Planning and Zoning Division by calling (775) 353-2340. You can contact the Sparks City Revenue Department at Sparks City Hall, 431 Prater Way, to request a business license application, or if you choose, you may fill one in online on the City of Sparks website and then print and return it to the Revenue Department.
Do you have all the information necessary to complete a Sparks business license?
The following information will be needed to complete a Sparks business license:
- Name of owner(s) and all contact information
- Ownership type of your business (do you own individually, with a corporation, a partnership, or an LLC?)
- Business name and all contact information, including a mailing and physical address
- If you plan to rent property or units as part of your business activities, provide the number of rentals and units
- Emergency name and contact information needs to be submitted
- Estimate of your first year’s gross receipts (if your business is operating in Reno)
- A brief but complete description of your business activities
- The number of both full- and part-time employees that you will be hiring
- If applicable, provide a FEIN and a state contractor’s license number
- A signature to verify that you are providing all true and complete information for your Sparks business license application and that you will be be in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to operating a business
If you need any help or have any questions, contact the City of Sparks Revenue Department at (775) 353-2360.
Are you planning to operate a Sparks business from a residence?
If you are planning to run a home occupation, you will need to apply for a home occupation permit in addition to your Sparks business license. The application for a home occupation permit can be downloaded from the City of Sparks website. You will need to review all the regulations and conditions that are in place specifically for a home occupation. Some of these conditions include not having more than one vehicle which advertises your home business kept at your residence and that your home business should not generate any excess traffic, noise, odor, etc, than which is normally found in a residential neighborhood. If you do not own your home, you will need to receive permission from the landlord to operate a home business. You will need to give information about your home business, including your business name, contact information, and a description of the activities you plan to conduct.
Are there fees and costs associated with receiving a Sparks business license?
There is a one-time fee of $25 for processing and a base fee of $80 for your general business license. For a home occupation permit, you will pay $100 in addition to the business license fees you will be paying. Be aware that there may be other fees or costs that you could incur based on the type of business you plan to conduct and other factors. Contact the Revenue Department with any questions you may have pertaining to costs and fees associated with your Sparks business license.
How long will it take to receive my Sparks business license?
You can expect to receive your Sparks business license within three weeks for those businesses operating within the city limits of Sparks, Nevada.
Who should you contact for more information?
You can contact the Sparks Business License Office located in the Revenue Department at Sparks City Hall, 431 Prater Way. Their office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. You can reach them by telephone at (775) 353-2360. The City of Sparks maintains an excellent website with a lot of information for those that wish to operate their own business.
CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR CITY BELOW TO APPLY FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE
|Carson City||Henderson||Las Vegas|
|North Las Vegas||Reno||Sparks|