Apply For A Business License Carson City, Nevada
Do you wish to operate a business in Carson City, Nevada?
Those wishing to open a new business in Carson City will need to have a business license issued by the Business License Division of Carson City. An application for a business license can be requested in person at 108 East Proctor Street or downloaded from the City of Carson City website. Each application for a Carson City business license printed from the website includes supplemental forms pertaining to a fictitious business name, home occupation permit, and a responsible party contact sheet. Each of these forms will be used in addition to your business license application and may carry their own fees and costs outside of the fees associated with receiving a Carson City business license.
Are there additional licenses or permits that you will need to operate a Carson City business?
If you are planning to serve alcohol, run a gaming establishment, operate a home occupation, or participate in any number of other business activities, you may need to apply for other license or permits from local, state, and/or federal agencies to be in compliance with all regulations associated with operating your Carson City business. You may need zoning approval from the Planning Division to be certain that your business property falls in the correct zone for your proposed business activities. They can be contacted at (775) 887-2180. Be sure that you contact the Carson City Business License Division early in the application process to discuss any additional Carson City licenses or permits that you may need so that you will have them in place before your business commences. Be aware that a license to serve alcohol could take up to ten weeks to be issued.
Do you have all the necessary information needed for a Carson City business license application?
The application for a business license is used to gather information on your business for the purpose of registering it with the city and to determine the amount of fees and dues you will be expected to pay annually. Some of the information will include:
- Name, address, date of birth, social security number, and phone number of all owners of your business
- The name, mailing address, physical address of your business, all phone numbers associated with your business, as well as a business email address and website
- Type of business ownership, whether corporately owned, individually owned, LLC, or non-profit
- Type of business license application, whether for a short-term business, gaming-related business, moving your business location, changing of corporate officer, or a new business
- A detailed description of your business
- If you are applying for a liquor license, you will need to provide the type of liquor license you are applying for (dining with hard liquor and/or beer, catering, bar or pub, etc.)
- A disclosure of whether you are under court order to pay child-support to minor children
- If applicable, the types and numbers of gaming tables and slot machines which will be located on your business premises
- Any information regarding signs, storage, and vehicles which will be located at your business
- A signature of the applicant certifying that all information that is provided on the application is true and accurate, that the application will not be valid for any other location, that non-payment of your license funds could result in a revocation of your business license, and that being in non-compliance with any of the regulations could result in citation
When you have completed the application for a Carson City business license application, you will return it to the Business License Division at 108 East Proctor Street. If you need assistance completing your Carson City business license application, contact them at (775) 887-2105.
Will you be expected to pay any fees for obtaining a Carson City business license?
There are different annual fees for different types of licenses. Depending on the month that you receive your business license, your fees will be prorated by a percentage per month. You can expect to pay different amounts per licenses. Contact the Carson City Business License Division for assistance in calculating your costs.
Do you have questions or concerns?
Contact the Carson City Business License Division at (775) 887-2105 or visit them in person at 108 East Proctor Street in Carson City, Nevada. The Carson City website has information that will be useful for those looking to open their own business.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
|Carson City||Henderson||Las Vegas|
|North Las Vegas||Reno||Sparks|
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.