Apply For A Business License Henderson, Nevada
Are you considering opening a business in Henderson, Nevada?
There are many categories for business licenses in Henderson. You will need to choose the one that best fits your business endeavor. To choose a business license, you can visit the City of Henderson website or visit the City of Henderson Development Services Center in City Hall, located at 240 Water Street.
When you choose your business license application, you will need to use certain criteria to determine the application that best suits your business license needs. To access the business license application online, you will use a check box to make choices including whether your business is located within the city limits, whether it is a residential address, a commercial address, or a PO box. Each choice will bring up additional options for business licenses. Some of the license options include engineering firms, surveying, dental offices, title insurance companies, travel agencies, health- and beauty-related businesses, food vendors, car dealerships, etc. Each of these business license applications will require different information, but most will require some basic information. You will need to review your specific Henderson business license to determine if it requires separate or different information.
What is the basic information needed to complete a Henderson business license application?
Most Henderson business license applications will need the following information:
- Ownership type (partnership, corporation, LLC, or sole owner)
- Names of all owners, partners, or corporate officers
- Description of business activities
- Estimated gross receipts for first five months
- Business name, physical address, mailing address, phone and fax numbers
- The name and contact information of the prior owners, if applicable
- Disclosure of any owner being court-ordered child support payments and whether or not you are in compliance with the order
- The social security number of applicant(s)
- A zoning compliance check application which requests basic information regarding your business activities and the location that you have chosen for your business
- Depending on the information you provide on your zoning compliance check, you may need additional applications which would be available from the Community Development Department
- A State of Nevada Division of Industrial Relations Affirmation of Compliance with Mandatory Industrial Insurance Requirements application which requires the basic information regarding your business and needs to be notarized
- For new businesses, submit your basic information to the Clark County Assessor by filling out a short application with your basic business information
- Each application should be signed and dated to denote that you have provided only true and complete information
This is not an exhaustive list of all information you may find on your Henderson business license application. If you need any assistance completing the application or if you have any questions, contact the City of Henderson Development Services Center at (702) 267-1730.
What are the costs associated with receiving a Henderson business license?
Your business license fees can be based on your estimate of gross revenues for the first five months of your business operations. You can expect to pay between $25.00 for those businesses making more than zero dollars and less than $12,000.00 and up to $670.00 for a business with a revenue of more than $1,140,001.00 but less than $1,2000,001.00. Any amount over $1,200,001.00 will be multiplied by .00056 to calculate your costs. If you are not sure of your business license fees, contact the Development Services Center for assistance. Your business license fees are paid semi-annually, per six months.
Do you have additional questions?
For more information, visit the Development Services Center in City Hall, located at 240 Water Street, or call (702) 267-1730. The City of Henderson website is well-maintained and may be useful as well.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
|Carson City||Henderson||Las Vegas|
|North Las Vegas||Reno||Sparks|
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.