Apply For A Business License Dothan, Alabama
Before a business or individual can begin to operate in Dothan, a Privilege License must first be obtained through the City of Dothan License Division. A Complete Clearance Form will also need to be issued which involves inspections or authorizations from:
- Building Inspection Department (334) 615-4452
- Engineering Services (334) 615-4422
- Fire Marshall (334) 615-4520
- Planning and Zoning Office (334) 615-4412
- Utility Collections (334) 615-4110
In addition you will need the following if they are applicable to you business:
- Houston County Health Department (334) 678-2815 for health certificate or food permit
- ABC Board (334) 792-9155 and Board of Commissioners approval if alcoholic beverages are part of the business. Application is to be filed with the City Clerk’s Office, Room 213, Roy Driggers Municipal Building (Civic Center), Dothan, AL 36302 or by phone at (334) 615-3163
- Construction Permits for businesses in the building or construction industry (334) 615-4450
- Ambulance Driver Permit
- Solicitation Permit
- Taxi Driver Permit
- Tree Cutter Permit
How do I apply for a license?
You can mail in your application to: City of Dothan, P.O. Box 2128, Dothan, AL 36302. For further questions about licensing, contact the License Division either by phone (334) 615-3166, fax (334) 615-4319, or via email email@example.com.
What information will I need to fill out the Privilege License application?
You will need the following:
- State of Alabama Tax Number
- Form of Ownership
- Name of business and all corporate officers, owners, and partners social security numbers, titles, and contact information
- Physical address of all business locations in Dothan
- Start of business date in Dothan
- Type of business
- Description of business activity
- AlaTax Account Number and Taxpayer Name
- Emergency Contact Information
- Number of employees
What else should I be aware of?
Lodgings, Sales, and Use Tax are collected by AlaTax. If you need to speak with them, call them at 1-800-556-7274. Business licenses are good from October 1 to September 30 of the following year, unless you have an insurance company, which runs on a calendar year schedule.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.