Apply For A West Valley City Marriage License

Do we have to go in person to apply for our marriage license for West Valley City?

Yes, every couple that wishes to obtain a marriage license is mandated to go to a County Clerk’s Office in Utah to apply. Sometimes exceptions can be arranged, but you will need to contact the County Clerk’s Office where you and your fiancé intend to apply. Fortunately, the marriage license application is available online with the West Valley City Marriage License page. If you are planning on applying at this office and need to arrange an exception to the appearance guidelines for application, then please call them at (385) 468-7300.

Where can we go to apply for our West Valley City marriage license?

For West Valley City, the nearest County Clerk’s Office is the Salt Lake County Clerk. Yet, keep in mind that you and your fiancé are not required to apply here if another County Clerk’s Office is more convenient for you. Make certain that if your wedding ceremony will be in the State of Utah that you apply at one of the County Clerk’s Offices within the state. If you are planning on having your marriage ceremony outside of the state, contact that state regarding their marriage license requirements. The Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office is found at:

Salt Lake County Clerk, Marriage License Division
2001 South State Street #S2200
PO Box 144575
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575
(385) 468-7300

What information will we need for our marriage license for West Valley City?

It is important to your wedding timeline that you gather all of the following information to put on your marriage license application. If not, this could delay your wedding plans:

  • Names (yours and your parents’ information)

  • Birth dates and birth places (yours as well as your parents’ details)

  • Social security numbers, location of the ceremony

  • Addresses of the bride and groom

  • if there were previous marriages, please indicate how many and when your last marriage officially ended

  • Name of officiator of your ceremony

  • Signatures and where you would like the certified copy of the marriage license to be sent once your ceremony occurs.

  • What cost should we expect for our West Valley City marriage license?

    Please be able to pay at the time both you and your fiancé apply, the fee will be $50. This may be paid using: a check, a credit card, Visa or Mastercard. If you want a civil wedding, there will be an additional charge of $30 for the marriage ceremony. Please call the Salt Lake County Clerk at (385) 468-7300 for more details and appointment information.

    Who is allowed to conduct our wedding in West Valley City?

  • Mayors of municipalities

  • Rabbis, Ministers, Pastors, Priests, any religious denomination and are in regular association with their particular religion and are at least 18 years of age

  • Native American spiritual advisors

  • County Clerks that have chosen to solemnize marriages

  • Judges or Magistrates of the United States (sometimes even when retired may still perform the ceremony based upon Supreme Court ruling)

  • A Judge or a Commissioner of a court and is currently on record

  • The Governor

  • The president of the Senate

  • What identification can we use for our West Valley City marriage license?

    You will be permitted to use: a DMV driver’s license or photo I.D., or a military card or passport and if you wish to use your birth certificate, a photo I.D. of some kind will also be needed. Make sure that the identification that you chose is current.

    We still have more questions, who can we contact?

    You can contact the Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office at (385) 468-7300 if you still have remaining questions. Their hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. You can also visit their website at the West Valley City Marriage License page.


    Layton Ogden Orem
    Provo Salt Lake City Sandy
    Taylorsville West Jordan West Valley City

    Search by State

    To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

    Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
    Alaska Louisiana Ohio
    Arizona Maine Oklahoma
    Arkansas Maryland Oregon
    California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
    Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
    Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
    DC Mississippi South Dakota
    Delaware Missouri Tennessee
    Florida Montana Texas
    Georgia Nebraska Utah
    Hawaii Nevada Vermont
    Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
    Illinois New Jersey Washington
    Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
    Iowa New York Wisconsin
    Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

    This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


    Related Articles

    Do You Like This Content?