Apply For An Ogden Marriage License

Are we required to go in person to apply for our marriage license in Ogden, Utah?

Yes. Weber County Clerk and Auditor mandates that you and your spouse-to-be appear together to apply for your Ogden, Utah marriage license. Yet, if one of you cannot go, then you may obtain the marriage license form on the Ogden Marriage License page and the one who cannot appear will need to complete the form in the presence of a notary public.

Which office do we need to go to in order to apply for our marriage license n Ogden, UT?

The closest Utah County Clerk is Weber County Clerk and Auditor, they are located at:

2380 Washington Blvd, Suite 320
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone (801) 399-8400
Fax (801) 399-8300

Although this is the closest location in proximity to Ogden, it does not necessitate you having to apply here. You may apply for your marriage license anywhere throughout the State of Utah so long as the marriage ceremony itself will occur within Utah State borders.

What if one of us cannot apply for the marriage license at the any Utah office in person?

There are certain circumstances in which one fiancé can apply from another location so long as the application is certified by a notary public. The application still is required to be submitted in person by the other applicant who can appear. If neither of you can go in person, you must contact Weber County Clerk for exception information at (801) 399-8400.

What details are asked for on the Ogden, Utah marriage license application?

You both will need to collect information such as: names (yours and your parents’ information), birth dates and birth places (yours as well as your parents’ details), social security numbers, location of the ceremony, addresses of the bride and groom, education level, if there were previous marriages, name of officiator of your ceremony, signatures and where you would like the certified copy of the marriage license to be sent once your ceremony occurs.

What are the fees associated with receiving a marriage license in Weber County?

In conjunction with submitting your marriage license application, you will additionally need to pay the required $50 fee due at the same time. The fee includes one certified copy that will be mailed to you once the marriage is solemnized, or in other words, performed. For a regular extra copy, the fee is $2.00 each and for one certified copy the fee is $9.00 each. However, if two additional certified copies are needed, the total fee is $14.00. The fee can be paid by a Visa or Mastercard or by cash or check.

Which government entities do I need to contact in Utah to change my name due to marriage?

You must contact two additional government bodies, the Social Security Administration and the Driver’s License Division.

Social Security Administration
Federal Building 324 25th Street
Ogden, UT 84401

Driver’s License Division
615 East 5300 South
South Ogden, UT 84403
(801) 476-7700

Who is able to perform the marriage ceremony for Ogden couples?

Those who are legally recognized by the State of Utah and Webster County to solemnize couples are those that:

  • Rabbis, Ministers, Pastors, Priests, any religious denomination and are in regular association with their particular religion and are at least 18 years of age

  • Mayors of municipalities

  • Native American spiritual advisors

  • The president of the Senate

  • County Clerks that have chosen to solemnize marriages

  • Judges or Magistrates of the United States (sometimes even when retired may still perform the ceremony based upon Supreme Court ruling)

  • A Judge or a Commissioner of a court and is currently on record

  • The Governor

  • Do we need to bring identification when applying for our marriage license in Ogden, UT?

    Absolutely. The marriage license application won’t be accepted by the Weber County Clerk without one of the following:

  • DMV issued driver’s license or photo identification

  • Military card

  • Passport

  • Birth certificate (if under 18 years of age)

  • What if we have more questions?

    You may contact Weber County Clerk and Auditor at (801) 399-8400, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 to 4:30pm, except for federal holidays. Furthermore, you may visit them at the Ogden Marriage License website.


    Layton Ogden Orem
    Provo Salt Lake City Sandy
    Taylorsville West Jordan West Valley City

    Search by State

    To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

    Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
    Alaska Louisiana Ohio
    Arizona Maine Oklahoma
    Arkansas Maryland Oregon
    California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
    Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
    Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
    DC Mississippi South Dakota
    Delaware Missouri Tennessee
    Florida Montana Texas
    Georgia Nebraska Utah
    Hawaii Nevada Vermont
    Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
    Illinois New Jersey Washington
    Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
    Iowa New York Wisconsin
    Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

    This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


    Related Articles

    Do You Like This Content?