Apply For A Provo Marriage License

Where do we go to apply for our Provo, Utah marriage license?

Marriage licenses in Provo, UT can only be applied for and received directly at the Utah County Clerk’s Office. Also, the marriage license application itself is available to be downloaded online with the Provo Marriage License . The reason for this is to verify in the eyes of the county and thus the state couples are who they claim to be, including age, previous marital status and residency. When you and your fiancé go to the office, to prove these requirements, you will both need to show a driver’s license or a photo I.D. issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, passport or military card and a birth certificate.

Furthermore, be prepared to provide your social security numbers. If one of you does not possess a Social Security number, then you will need to contact the Department Social Security to obtain one. The Social Security numbers gained from the marriage license cannot be used for child support purposes

What information will we need for our Provo, UT marriage license application?

Please have your full names, including the female’s maiden name, social security numbers, current addresses for you both (if different), where your parents were born, parents’ names, race of both of you, identification, if you are using your birth certificate then you will also need to present a photo I.D., you will need to sign and then date the application.

Who is authorized to perform our wedding ceremony in Provo, UT?

A religious leader who is regular communion with their religion, all must be 18 years or older, various justices and judges on court record (visit Provo Marriage License for more information), a Native American spiritual advisor, a president or speaker of the Senate, governors, mayors and Utah County Clerks that have chosen to marry couples.

What age must we be to be legally married in Provo, UT or Utah County?

18 years is the legal age without exceptions to be wed in Utah County. Minors that are 15 years old with Juvenile Court permission may be married. Minors aged 16 to 17 years must have their legal guardian permission on the marriage license application.

What else should we know about a marriage license in Provo, Utah?

Be aware that the fee to apply for your marriage license is $50, this must be paid when you apply at the Utah County Clerk’s office. This can be done by cash, check or by Visa or Mastercard. The fee does include one certified copy to be mailed to you once you have your wedding ceremony, it normally will take 1-2 weeks to receive the copy thereafter. If you will require an additional copy, the price is $5.00 per extra copy.

Once our marriage is official, how do I go about changing my name in Provo, Utah?

There are two different offices that you will need to consult to assist you with this process, once your marriage is solemnized that is. After you have your certified copy of your marriage license in hand, then you can go to the following offices:

The Social Security Office
485 North Freedom Blvd
Provo, UT 84601
Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday

You can visit the official website at

Driver License Division
1503 South 40 East
Campus Credit Union Building
2nd Floor
Provo, UT 84606
Hours: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday – Thursday

Whom can we contact for more information?

You can contact the Utah County Clerk at telephone number 801-851-8109, the fax number is 801-851-8232. The Utah County Clerk is found at:
100 E Center Street
Room 3600
Provo, Utah 84606

Also, you may visit the website at Provo Marriage License.


Layton Ogden Orem
Provo Salt Lake City Sandy
Taylorsville West Jordan West Valley City

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?