Apply For A Business License Norwalk, Connecticut

Looking to open a business in Norwalk, Connecticut and need a business license?

When you plan to open a business in Norwalk, you will need to contact the Norwalk Mayor’s Office by calling (203) 854-7701 or by visiting the office in person at 125 East Avenue. The Norwalk Mayor’s Office keeps hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 

What about zoning for your Norwalk, Connecticut business?

Zoning regulations are handled by the Norwalk Zoning Inspector who is available by phone at (203) 854-7780. You will want to contact the Norwalk Zoning Inspector prior to purchasing or leasing any commercial property to be certain that your business will be located in the proper zone. 

Will you need other permits or licenses when operating a business in Norwalk, Connecticut?

You may, depending on the type of business that you plan to conduct. You may need to be in contact with the Connecticut Health Department ((203) 854-7776), the Norwalk Police Department ((203) 854-3000), Norwalk Fire Marshall ((203) 854-0248), Norwalk Building Inspector ((203) 854-7755), etc. You may require other permits and documentation, whether local, state, and/or federal.  Contact the Norwalk Mayor’s Office for more information regarding additional permits, inspections, and/or licenses for operating a business in Norwalk. 

What other information is necessary to open a Norwalk, Connecticut business?

You will need to file a trade name registration form with the Norwalk Town Clerk. You can either print this trade name registration application off the City of Norwalk website or by visiting the Norwalk Town Clerk in person at 125 East Avenue in Norwalk. They can be reached via telephone at (203) 854-7746 for more information. The trade name registration application should be notarized and should have the name, description, and address of your business. In addition, you will need to supply your name, home address, and the names and home addresses of any person who will be conducting any business with you. If you have any questions, contact the Norwalk Town Clerk at (203) 854-7746.

Who should you contact for more information about operating a business in Norwalk, Connecticut?

You will need to be in close contact with the Mayor of Norwalk’s Office at (203) 854-7701 or by visiting them in person at 125 East Avenue in Norwalk, CT. You can send written correspondence to the Mayor’s Office at PO Box 5125, Norwalk, CT 06856-5125. You may also find useful information on the City of Norwalk website regarding running your business.

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Bridgeport Bristol Danbury
Hartford Meriden Milford
New Britain New Haven Norwalk
Waterbury West Haven

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?