Apply For A Business License Pine Bluff, Arkansas

What do I need to do to get a business license in Pine Bluff?

Anyone who seeks to do business in the City of Pine Bluff must first obtain a City Occupation License. There are a few steps a business must complete before it can begin to operate.

  1. Visit the Pine Bluff Inspection and Zoning Office located at 200 East 8th Avenue, Room 101, Pine Bluff, AR 71601 or set up an appointment by phone (870) 543-1845. Inspections require a minimum of 24 hours notice and are conducted only on Tuesdays and Thursdays at either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.
  2. Once the inspection has been conducted and any requirements met, a Certificate of Zoning Compliance will be issued.
  3. You will need to pay the fees (or annual tax) according to the municipal code, usually this is based on the number of employees and type of business you operate, to the City Collector.
  4. A state sales and use tax permit number is required and can also be obtained from the City Collector.
  5. The City Collector can then complete the City Occupation License you will need to begin transacting business in Pine Bluff.

The following businesses will require a $5,000 surety bond (check made payable to City of Pine Bluff) and a copy of any special licenses that are required:

  • - Air conditioning contractors
  • - Construction contractors
  • - Electrical contractors
  • - House movers
  • - Plumbing contractors
  • - Taxicab companies
  • - Tree trimmers

Any business with an ABC alcohol permit must file a copy of their state license before a City of Pine Bluff alcohol permit can be issued. In addition, mixed drink taxes must be sent to the City Collector each month. Those businesses dealing with food services must collect and send their Advertising and Promotion tax (2%) to the City Collector on a monthly basis.

What information will I need to complete the business license application?

You will to be aware of the following information:

  • - Legal business name
  • - Type of business
  • - Physical location of business in Pine Bluff
  • - Size of property
  • - Name of owner(s) and contact information
  • - Number of employees
  • - Name of manager if applicable
  • - Copy of any special licenses required for your business
  • - Number of required parking spaces not on the street
  • - Will a sign be required
  • - Check or money order for all required fees made payable to City of Pine Bluff

Will I need to renew my City Occupation license each year?

Yes. Each business will need to renew their City Occupation license annually either on January 1st or July 1st. Depending on when you first apply for the City of Pine Bluff Occupation License, it will be pro-rated monthly until you elect to renew annually in either January or July. The City of Pine Bluff does allow you to pay in two installments, if necessary.

If I have further questions, who can I contact?

For more information contact:

Inspection and Zoning Department    (870) 543-1845
City Collector’s Office    (870) 543-1815
Economic and Community Development Department (870) 543-1820


City of Pine Bluff
200 East 8th Avenue
Pine Bluff, AR 71601

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Little Rock North Little Rock Pine Bluff

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?