Apply For A Round Rock Marriage License

Which County Clerk’s office can issue my marriage license if I live in Round Rock, Texas?

Any County Clerk’s office in the state of Texas can issue your marriage license, but the most convenient County Clerk’s office to you may be the Williamson County Clerk’s office. The Williamson County Clerk’s office is located in the Williamson County Justice Center at 405 Martin Luther King Street in Georgetown, Texas. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

What documentation do I need to bring?

You will need to bring and present proper photo identification such as a current driver’s license or passport. The Williamson County Clerk’s office also recognizes certified copies of birth certificates. You will also need to know your social security number.

How can I pay for my marriage license?

You may pay with cash or a credit/debit card, although the Williamson County Clerk’s office prefers that you pay with cash. The marriage license fee in Williamson County is $67.00. The fee must be paid in cash. If you complete the state certified marriage preparation class Twogether in Texas, you are eligible for a reduced marriage license fee. Visit the Twogether in Texas program website to learn more: Round Rock Marriage License

Are blood tests required to receive a marriage license in Williamson County?

No. Blood tests are not required to receive a marriage license in Williamson County or any county in Texas. 

What is the waiting period before my marriage license becomes valid?

After being issued a marriage license by the Williamson County Clerk’s office, you will need to wait 72 hours before your marriage license becomes valid. The marriage license will expire 30 days from the date that the license was issued. Your marriage license will be valid in any county in Texas.

Is there a way to waive the waiting period?

Yes, you may have the waiting period waived if you complete the Twogether in Texas class. Also, the waiting period will be waived if either of you is active military or currently works for the United States Department of Defense.

Who can perform my marriage ceremony in Round Rock, Texas? 

Any authorized rabbi, minister, priest, judge, or justice of the peace can legally perform your marriage ceremony in Round Rock. You may choose any authorized person to perform your marriage ceremony.

Can someone younger than 18 years old be issued a marriage license?

Yes, but applicants that are not yet 18 years old must meet additional requirements. The applicant must be at least 14 years old and a parent or guardian will need to sign a form of consent.

Can someone who has been divorced in the last 30 days receive a marriage license?

No. In the state of Texas there is a 30 day waiting period after the divorce becomes final. The Williamson County Clerk’s office can only issue a marriage license after the waiting period has passed.

How do I purchase a marriage certificate in Williamson County?

You can purchase a marriage certificate by sending your request to the Williamson County Clerk’s office along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and the $7.00 fee.

Who can I call if I have more questions?

If you have more questions, you can call (512) 943-1527 or (512) 943-1526. Many of your questions may be answered on the Williamson County Clerk’s office Frequently Asked Questions page on the official office website: Round Rock Marriage License.


Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Lewisville
Longview Lubbock McAllen
McKinney Mesquite Midland
Missouri City North Richland Hills Pasadena
Plano Port Arthur Richardson
Round Rock San Angelo San Antonio
Sugar Land Temple Tyler
Waco Wichita Falls

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?