Apply For A Port Arthur Marriage License

Where can you get a marriage license in Port Arthur, Texas?

You can go to any County Clerk’s office in the state of Texas to apply for a marriage license. You need to appear in person together with your fiancé(e) at the County Clerk’s office when you apply. There is a branch of the Jefferson County Clerk’s office in Port Arthur at 525 Lakeshore Drive. The phone number for the office is (409) 983-8340. Office hours at the Port Arthur branch are Monday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The office is closed Tuesday through Thursday.

What requirements do you have to meet to get a marriage license in Port Arthur, Texas?

You and your fiancé(e) must both be at least 18 years old and single at the time that you apply for a marriage license. You must present a valid form of photo I.D. such as a driver’s license or a passport at the Jefferson County Clerk’s office. You must also be able to provide your social security number or state that you do not have one.

What requirements do you have to meet to get a marriage license if you have already been divorced?

If you have ended a previous marriage in divorce, the divorce must have been final for at least 30 days by the time that you submit an application for a new marriage license.

How much do you have to pay to get a marriage license in Port Arthur, Texas?

You will need to pay a marriage license fee of $41.00 if you are applying for a marriage certificate through Jefferson County. This fee must be paid in cash. If you and your fiancé(e) complete the state program Twogether in Texas, you will be eligible for a reduced fee. You may want to visit Port Arthur Marriage Licensex to learn more.

What is the waiting period before you can be married in Port Arthur after receiving a marriage license?

There is a waiting period of 72 hours after your marriage license is issued before the license is valid. If you and your fiancé(e) complete the Twogether in Texas program, this waiting period will be waived. If you or your fiancé(e) is active military or currently works for the United States Department of Defense, the waiting period will be waived automatically.

How long are Jefferson County marriage licenses good for?

Jefferson County marriage licenses expire after a period of 30 days. Marriage licenses issued in any county in Texas are valid in any other county in Texas. 

Who can you choose to officiate at your marriage ceremony in Port Arthur, Texas?  

You can choose any authorized rabbi, minister, priest, or judge to officiate at your wedding ceremony in Port Arthur, Texas.

How do you get your marriage certificate after your marriage ceremony in Port Arthur, Texas?

You can order your marriage certificate through the Jefferson County Clerk’s office after your marriage license has been returned to the County Clerk’s office and entered into the public record. Certified copies cost $6.00 each. The Jefferson County Clerk’s office can answer your questions about marriage licenses and marriage certificates. The Jefferson County Clerk’s office website can be found at Port Arthur Marriage License.


Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Lewisville
Longview Lubbock McAllen
McKinney Mesquite Midland
Missouri City North Richland Hills Pasadena
Plano Port Arthur Richardson
Round Rock San Angelo San Antonio
Sugar Land Temple Tyler
Waco Wichita Falls

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?