Apply For A Plano Marriage License

We would like to submit a marriage license application in Plano, Texas. Where do we need to go?

In Texas, you can submit a marriage license application at any County Clerk’s office. If you are in Plano, the most convenient County Clerk’s office for you is probably the Collin County Clerk’s office. The Collin County Clerk’s office has a branch office in Plano at 900 E. Park Boulevard in Suite 140. The office phone number is (972) 881-3025. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is closed on holidays.
The Collin County Clerk’s office website can provide you with more information. See: Plano Marriage License.

What are the legal requirements that we need to meet to submit a marriage license application in Plano, Texas?

If you want to submit a marriage license application in Plano without parental consent, you need to be at least 18 years old and unmarried. When you appear at the County Clerk’s office together, you need to show a valid form of government-issued identification such as a passport or a driver’s license. You need to provide your social security number or state that you do not have one. You do not need to provide blood tests to apply for a marriage license in the state of Texas.

What about applicants that are under 18 years of age?

Yes. If you are under 18 years of age, you need to show your birth certificate and your social security card. A parent or guardian needs to come with you to the County Clerk’s office to sign a written form of consent.

Anything special required for applicants that have had previous marriages?

Yes. If one of you has been divorced, the divorce needs to be final for at least 30 days at the time that you submit your marriage license application.

How much do we need to pay to get a marriage license in Plano, Texas?

You need to pay the marriage license fee of $71.00 before you can receive your marriage license in Plano, Texas. You must pay this fee in cash. By completing the state certified marriage preparation class Twogether in Texas, you will become eligible for a reduced fee. To learn more, you can visit the Twogether in Texas website at

How long is the waiting period before the marriage license becomes valid?

The waiting period is 72 hours before you can be married with your Collin County marriage license. By completing the state certified marriage preparation class Twogether in Texas, you will be able to have this waiting period waived. You will also be able to have the waiting period waived if one of you is active military or works for the U.S. Department of Defense.

How long will our Plano marriage license be valid after it is issued?

Your Collin County issued marriage license will be valid for 30 days after it is issued. With your Collin County issue marriage license, you can get married anywhere in Texas.

Can we choose anyone to perform the wedding, if we received our marriage license in Plano, Texas?  

You can choose any authorized person to perform your wedding ceremony in Plano, Texas. A full list of authorized persons is online on the Collin County Clerk’s office official website: Plano Marriage License. Rabbis, ministers, priests, judges, and justices of the peace are all authorized to officiate at wedding ceremonies in Texas. 

Where do we order our marriage certificate in Plano, Texas?

The Collin County Clerk’s office issues marriage certificates. A certified copy costs $7.00. To learn more, you can contact the Collin County Clerk’s office or visit the website at Plano Marriage License.


Abilene Amarillo Arlington
Austin Baytown Beaumont
Brownsville Bryan Carrollton
College Station Corpus Christi Dallas
Denton El Paso Flower Mound
Fort Worth Galveston Garland
Grand Prairie Harlingen Houston
Irving Killeen Lewisville
Longview Lubbock McAllen
McKinney Mesquite Midland
Missouri City North Richland Hills Pasadena
Plano Port Arthur Richardson
Round Rock San Angelo San Antonio
Sugar Land Temple Tyler
Waco Wichita Falls

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?