Apply For A Business License Quincy, Massachusetts

In Quincy, Massachusetts, is a business license required to operate my business?

Yes, there are certain businesses that require accompanying licenses. Business owners must complete, pay for and file business licenses based on the business type and services. They are:

Restaurant, Wine and Malt Call for availability and fee
Club-All Alcoholic Call for availability and fee
Club-Wine and Malt Call for availability and fee
Veteran’s Post- All Alcoholic Call for availability and fee
General On Premise-Alcohol Call for availability and fee
Retail Store-All Alcoholic Call for availability and fee
Retail Wine and Malt Call for availability and fee
Innholder Call for availability and fee
Auctioneer $25.00
Bowling Lanes   $40.00
Common Victualer $100.00
Dancing School $50.00
Explosives-Sale and Storage $50.00
Garage and Repair $25.00 set by State Regulations
Gas and Repair  $50.00 set by State Regulations
Hackney $50.00 per medallion
Junk Wagon $100.00
Juke Box $25.00 each
Manager $25.00
Motor I-New Cars $50.00
Motor II-Used Cars $100.00
Motor III-Junk Cars $100.00
Lodging House $200.00
Movie Theatre  $50.00 per screen
Old Gold and Silver $75.00
Parking Space $25.00
Pawn Broker $100.00
Pinball/Video     $125.00 each machine
Pool Table $125.00 each table

What should be done to verify my Quincy, Massachusetts business location?

All business owners are obligated to contact the City of Quincy Zoning Department for an inspection to be completed on your business property and to receive the necessary approval. This must occur prior to the remittance of any of the above permit applications. Both a Certificate of Occupancy will be required as well as the Certificate of Appropriateness. The first ensures that a safety checklist is accounted for and the second makes certain that your business location is properly suited for your business activity according to city guidelines. This address is both the mailing and the physical address:

City of Quincy Historical Commission
Planning and Zoning
1305 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 376-1362
Fax: (617) 376-1097

The required forms for zoning are all available online at

What basic information will be needed for my Quincy business license or permit?

The permits are all a little different one to another, but the information that you will need generally follows:

  • Applicant name
  • Applicant address and phone number
  • Applicant driver’s license and date of birth
  • Business or property owner or sponsor name
  • Business or property owner or sponsor phone number and address
  • Business or property owner or sponsor driver’s license number and date of birth
  • Employee or volunteer information such as license number and date of birth and names and dates they will work
  • Type of business activity or special event specifics
  • Insurance information must be submitted with application
  • Type of food and alcohol to be served, if applicable
  • Signatures of both applicant and owner as well as dates
  • Fees must be included with application

Where can I send a business license application or permit application in Quincy?

Please take note that you send any of the permit applications to the correct address, the mailing address for the City of Quincy is the same as the physical address. The address is:

City of Quincy
Board of License Commissioners
1259 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
(617) 376-1134
Fax: (617) 376-1139

At this time, the applications are not available online except for the zoning applications including the Certificate of Appropriateness.

Who can I contact for food permit information in Quincy?

The City of Quincy Health Department issues all food permits and licenses, which are numerous and are very specific to the type of food that will be served. Their telephone number is (617) 376-1272. If you require the fax number it is (617) 376-1271. The address is:

City of Quincy Health Department
440 East Squantum Street
Quincy, MA 02171

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Some of the applications can be obtained on line, some cannot. Please visit the Health Department’s website at: The Food Licenses Fees are found in detail at:

What can I do for my Quincy home-based business?

If your home business is not one of the aforementioned list of required business permits, then you will not have to apply for any. The only requirement is that you contact the Zoning Department to have your property inspected and approved by the city. They can be reached at (617) 376-1134.

I still have more questions. Who can I contact?

Please contact the City of Quincy at (617) 376-1134 if you have any further questions. You may additionally visit the website at Quincy Business License. If you need the address it is:

City of Quincy
Board of License Commissioners
1259 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
(617) 376-1134
Fax: (617) 376-1139

Note: The hours of operation are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. excluding federal holidays.

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Boston Brockton Cambridge
Chicopee Haverhill Lawrence
Lowell Medford Newton
Quincy Somerville Springfield

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?