Apply For An Overland Park Marriage License

Where can couples in Overland Park, Kansas go to get a marriage license?

Couples in Overland Park, Kansas can go to the Johnson County Courthouse to obtain a marriage license. The Johnson County Court Clerk’s office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Johnson County Court Clerk’s office is located on the 2nd floor in the southwest corner of the building at 100 N. Kansas Avenue, Olathe, Kansas.

What are the requirements for an Overland Park marriage license?

To receive a marriage license in Overland Park, Kansas you need to be at least 18 years of age and unmarried. The bride and groom must not be closely related. The bride or groom must apply in person but both parties are not required to be present.

How can a couple apply for a marriage license in Overland Park if one person is under 18 years of age?

A person under 18 years of age may apply for a marriage license by notarized, written consent.  The minor either needs to have written consent from all living parents and legal guardians, or consent from one parent or legal guardian and a district court judge.

Must couples have blood tests to receive a marriage license in Overland Park, Kansas?

No, blood tests are not necessary for couples to be able to receive a marriage license in Overland Park, Kansas.

Is there a waiting period if you have been divorced recently?

Yes. If either the bride or groom has been divorced previously, the divorce decree must be filed at least 30 days before the couple can submit their marriage license application. The Johnson County Clerk’s office provides more information regarding a marriage license online at Overland Park Marriage License.

How much will I have to pay to obtain a marriage license in Overland Park, Kansas?

A marriage license in Overland Park, Kansas costs $85.50. This is a non-refundable fee and can be paid by cash, credit card, or money order. No personal checks are accepted, however a cashier’s check made out to “Clerk of the District Court” is allowed.

Is there a waiting period before a Johnson County marriage license will be issued?

Yes, there is a three business-day waiting period before an Overland Park marriage license can be issued.

How long will my Overland Park marriage license be valid?

The Overland Park, Kansas marriage license will be valid for a period of 6 months and is only valid in the state of Kansas.

Can a couple choose who performs their wedding ceremony in Overland Park, Kansas?

Yes, as long as the couple chooses someone who is authorized to perform weddings in the state of Kansas. Currently ordained clergyman, religious authorities from any denomination, and district court judges are all authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in Overland Park, Kansas. For a complete list of the 10th Judicial District current and retired judges who will perform wedding ceremonies visit Johnson County Marriage License.

How soon can we request our marriage certificate after the ceremony?

Once you have been married, you need to wait at least three weeks before ordering your marriage certificate. More information is available online at Overland Park Marriage License.


Kansas City Lawrence Olathe
Overland Park Wichita

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?