Apply For A Business License Whittier, California
Do you plan to operate a business in Whittier, California?
If you are planning to open a business in Whittier, you will need a business license from the city of Whittier Business License Office. The application for a Whittier business license is available from the City of Whittier website or from the Business License Division, located at 13230 Penn Street in Whittier. Before you are issued your Whittier business license, you will need to contact the Planning Division to verify that the zone in which your business will potentially be located is approved for the business activities that you plan to conduct. You will want to do this before you sign any real estate contracts. The Planning Division can be reached at (526) 567-9320.
What information is necessary to complete your Whittier business license application?
The information that you supply on your Whittier business license should be complete, true, and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You will need to type or use ink to fill in your application with the following information:
- The ownership type of your business (partnership, trust, sole proprietor, LLC, or corporation)
- Owner information including phone number, home address, social security number, date of birth, and a valid driver’s license number
- Emergency contact name, phone number and address
- Owner of property (if applicable)
- Description of your business activities
- Business start date
- Physical and mailing address and phone number of business
- If applicable: state license number, classification and expiration, resale number, federal ID number and health license number
- Whether you have any entertainment or vending machines on your business property
- If your business will create any potentially hazardous waste or materials
- Information on the number of vehicles, employees, professionals, or rental units (if applicable)
- Signature to verify that you are providing only true and accurate information
Will you need additional licenses or permits to receive your Whittier business license?
It is possible that you may need to contact other agencies, whether local, state, and/or federal to be in compliance with all regulations regarding your business activities. If, for example, you plan to handle food or certain chemicals, you may need a health permit. Alcoholic beverages being served or sold means that you will likely need to contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control department for a license to sell alcohol. You may need to contact the IRS for tax ID numbers or the State Board of Equalization. To be certain of which, if any, other permits or licenses you may need, contact the Business License Office at (562) 567-9880.
What fees are associated with a Whittier business license?
There is an application fee for a Whittier business license and there may be additional fees which will be calculated at the Business License Office. To know what kind of fees you will have to pay you can check the city of Whittier website.
Who should you contact if you have other questions?
You can visit the City of Whittier website to find useful information on obtaining your business license. You can contact the Business License Office at (562) 567-9880 or you can visit them in person at 13230 Penn Street in Whittier.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.