Apply For A Boca Raton Marriage License
We are planning to be married in Boca Raton, Florida. Where can we submit our application for a marriage license?
In Florida, you may submit your application for a marriage license to any Florida County Clerk’s office. Your marriage license will be valid in any other county in Florida. The Taylor County Clerk’s office is located at 108 N Jefferson St #102, Perry, FL and is most likely the most convenient location for residents of Boca Raton. The Taylor County Clerk’s office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You must appear together in person when you submit your marriage license application.
What if one of us is unable to be present at the time that we submit our marriage license application in Boca Raton, Florida?
If one of you is unable to be present at the Taylor County Clerk’s office at the time that you submit your marriage license application, you will need to fill out an Affidavit of Absent Applicant application. This form can be found online at Boca Raton Marriage License.
What requirements do we need to satisfy before submitting a marriage license application in Boca Raton, Florida?
Both of you should be at least 18 years old, and you cannot be already married. You should be prepared to present a valid form of government-issued I.D. such as a driver’s license or passport in order to verify your age and identity.
If one of you is under 18 years old but at least 16 years old, you may still submit a marriage license application if a parent or guardian is present at the County Clerk’s office at the time that you apply. Also, if either of you has ended a previous marriage in a divorce, the divorce must be final for at least 30 days before you submit your marriage license application.
Are blood tests necessary to submit a marriage license application in Boca Raton, Florida?
No. Blood tests are not necessary because blood test results are not required for marriage licenses in the state of Florida.
Are You Getting Married in Boca Raton, Florida?Any couple getting married in Boca Raton will need to apply for a marriage license issued from the Clerk & Comptroller of Palm Beach County. There are several locations where you can obtain the marriage license application:
South County Courthouse
200 W Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444
West County Courthouse
2950 State Road 15, Room S-100
Belle Glade, FL 33430
Main Courthouse (Room 3.2300)
205 N. Dixie Hwy,
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
North County Courthouse
3188 PGA Blvd. Room 1202
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Once you have competed your marriage license application, you will return it to the nearest location, and your marriage license will then be issued from the Circuit Civil Department. Once issued, your marriage license is valid for 60 days. If your marriage has not taken place in that time period, you will need to reapply and start the process again.
What Costs Are Related to Having a Marriage License Issued in Boca Raton, FL?
If you choose to have your wedding ceremony in the matrimonial room in the county courthouse, your marriage costs including the marriage license, photos and an online marriage announcement will cost approximately $150.00. The application for a marriage license alone is $93.50. If you choose to take the premarital preparation course offered from the Palm Beach County, you will be eligible for a discounted marriage license costing $61.00. If you have any questions about the costs of your marriage license, you may contact the Palm Beach Clerk & Comptroller’s Office at (561)355-2986.
Is There Other Important Information Regarding a Boca Raton Marriage License?
Both members of the couple that are marrying need to be present when applying for a marriage license. You will need the following documentation and the following information will be important to note when applying for a Boca Raton marriage license:
• A valid driver’s license (you need not have a Florida driver’s license to apply for a Florida marriage license)
• If applicable, an exact date of previous marriage ending and a manner in which it ended are needed
• If either party are under the age of 18 (but older than 15), you will need to provide a birth certificate bearing both names of parents of minor child, a parental consent, both parents of minors must be present at ceremony (unless parents of minor child are divorced, and one has full custody, in which case proof of full custody will be required)
• If either party is under the age of 16, you will be required to provide all of the above information and documentation, and in addition, you will need to prove under oath that you are either the parents of, or are expecting the birth of a child with a physicians confirmation of pregnancy, and a judicial review may be required to approve the issuance of a marriage license
• In Boca Raton, there is a three day waiting period after applying for a marriage license prior to marriage, unless the couple chooses to engage in the premarital preparation course
• Regardless of whether a couple chooses to take the premarital preparation course, each partner is required to review the Family Law Handbook, which is available on the Palm Beach County website
• The city of Boca Raton does not require a blood test to become married
• To obtain an official copy of your marriage license, you will need to contact the County Clerk’s Office Records Service Center at (561)355-2976 or you may order copies by mailing a request to PO Box 4526, West Palm Beach, FL 33402
CLICK THE LINK TO YOUR CITY BELOW TO APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.