Apply For A Fremont Marriage License

What does an engaged couple need to do to receive a marriage license in Fremont, California?

An engaged couple that would like to receive a marriage license in Fremont, California needs to go personally to the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office in Oakland, California. The County Clerk-Recorder’s office is found at 1106 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays. The office accepts requests for marriage licenses any time before 4 p.m.

For more information, call the County Clerk-Recorder’s office at 1-510-272-6362 or visit the Clerk-Recorder’s office website at Fremont Marriage License.

What are the requirements that the engaged couple must satisfy in order to receive a marriage license in Fremont?

Both of the persons to be married should both be at least 18 years of age. The County Clerk-Recorder’s office will ask to see a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport.

Does the couple need to live in Fremont, California in order to receive a marriage license?

No. Residency is not a requirement for marriage licenses. An Alameda County marriage license can be used anywhere in the state of California within 90 days after the license is issued.

What is the fee for a marriage license in Fremont, California?

The fee for a marriage license in Alameda County is $96, but this fee includes one certified copy of the marriage certificate.

Who is authorized to perform marriage ceremonies in Fremont, California?

Persons authorized to perform marriages in California include clergy members authorized by their respective denominations to perform marriages, judges, retired judges, and designated court officials. The engaged couple may choose anyone they wish to perform the marriage ceremony, provided that the person that they choose is legally authorized to perform marriage ceremonies.

Can the engaged couple request that an unauthorized person perform the marriage ceremony?

Unauthorized persons can become legally authorized to perform marriage ceremonies by becoming a Deputy Marriage Commissioner. The person wishing to be deputized should address a letter to Patrick O’Connell, Alameda County Clerk-Recorder at 1106 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607 that includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the persons to be married; the date and place of the wedding; the county where the marriage license was issued; and his or her own name, address, and phone number. He or she will be required to pay a $75 fee. Checks should be made payable to the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder.

Can the engaged couple request a civil ceremony?

Civil ceremonies may be requested at the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s office on any business day before 3:45 p.m. The engaged couple must provide the witnesses, and may invite up to 29 guests.

After the marriage ceremony, what does the couple need to do to receive the marriage certificate?

After the marriage ceremony, the signed marriage license must be returned to the County Clerk-Recorder’s office to be recorded. The marriage certificate will be ready for pick-up approximately two weeks later.


Alameda Alhambra Anaheim
Antioch Apple Valley Arcadia
Bakersfield Baldwin Park Bellflower
Berkeley Buena Park Burbank
Camarillo Carlsbad Carson
Cerritos Chico Chino
Chino Hills Chula Vista Citrus Heights
Clovis Compton Concord
Corona Costa Mesa Cupertino
Daly City Davis Diamond Bar
Downey El Cajon El Monte
Encinitas Escondido Fairfield
Folsom Fontana Fountain Valley
Fremont Fresno Fullerton
Garden Grove Gardena Glendale
Hawthorne Hayward Hemet
Hesperia Huntington Beach Huntington Park
Inglewood Irvine La Habra
La Mesa Laguna Niguel Lake Forest
Lakewood Lancaster Livermore
Lodi Long Beach Los Angeles
Lynwood Merced Milpitas
Mission Viejo Modesto Montebello
Monterey Park Moreno Valley Mountain View
Napa National City Newport Beach
Norwalk Oakland Oceanside
Ontario Orange Oxnard
Palmdale Palo Alto Paramount
Pasadena Petaluma Pico Rivera
Pittsburg Pleasanton Pomona
Rancho Cucamonga Redding Redlands
Redondo Beach Redwood City Rialto
Richmond Riverside Rosemead
Roseville Sacramento Salinas
San Bernardino San Buenaventura (Ventura) San Diego
San Francisco San Jose San Leandro
San Marcos San Mateo San Rafael
Santa Ana Santa Barbara Santa Clara
Santa Clarita Santa Cruz Santa Maria
Santa Monica Santa Rosa Santee
Simi Valley South Gate South San Francisco
Stockton Sunnyvale Temecula
Thousand Oaks Torrance Tracy
Turlock Tustin Union City
Upland Vacaville Vallejo
Victorville Visalia Vista
Walnut Creek West Covina Westminster
Whittier Yorba Linda

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?